Status
Not open for further replies.
KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GUYS/GIRLS, be very careful if you use the same username for poker as you do for other websites, ie ebay, myspace, etc. cause if you google them you get tons of info, some very personal.

I just found someones ebay account who is a regular here, its not got much info in it, but you never know how safe those sites are.
KD

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL but at the same time you find some very funny stuff linked to your name that ahs nothing to do with it. I play under bubbasbest on a few sites and I found a link to BubbasBestBingo.:D Too funny as I never have played this game in my life.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ah yeah, ive got no crap on me, i think, but a guy i played earlier had just joined a dating agency, and it listed what he liked in women. it was too funny when i read it out and put him on tilt!

S

stealthy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheers for that. There's not much on me but there is a namesake who seems to be well in to motorbikes and growing marijuana!

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, KD.

Personally, I have (currently) five different aliases just for poker, none of which is used anywhere else. I keep a whole list of pre-invented names, so I can drop a new one in at a moment`s notice whenever I enrol anywhere.

Different passwords too. I have a list of those, and I never use the same username twice without using a different password.

There is a key to the whole lot, in case I forget. That`s saved on two different computers (in case of a crash) and the file is encrypted with another unique password (the only one I actually need to remember). There is no paper record anywhere.

A lot of work, and makes you feel a bit schizo at times, but worthwhile.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GUYS/GIRLS, be very careful if you use the same username for poker as you do for other websites, ie ebay, myspace, etc. cause if you google them you get tons of info, some very personal.

I just found someones ebay account who is a regular here, its not got much info in it, but you never know how safe those sites are.
KD
I know you've been googling new members because you had a pop at new member Pivel for some reason, but you're googling existing members and opponents too? How can I say this without being rude? GET A LIFE!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd be more worried about using the same passwords for different sites.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has anyone ever heard of a case where a person's poker account was compromised? I have been playing online for 2 years and have never once heard of it happening which is a bit shocking really. You would think that it would happen a lot. Have I just missed it?

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know you've been googling new members because you had a pop at new member Pivel for some reason, but you're googling existing members and opponents too? How can I say this without being rude? GET A LIFE!
:( :( :( :(

zinzan1000

zinzan1000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shoot the messenger why dont you.

JessieBear15331

JessieBear15331

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmmm,
Taking time to respond negatively to a thread that made you seem extremely rude.
How can I say this without being rude?
GET A LIFE!

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

just happened by this thread again, as it had been added to. Initially I took your reply rob as a joke/sarcastic dig etc, but I now realise you might be serious? If so, then, that's fine. All I was trying to do was to say to people be a bit more secure with their username's, ie dont use them for lots of different sites, particularly ones like myspace where people tend to leave more personal info.
As for googling members here? I googled my own name and was shocked to find out how many sites I appeared on, luckily without giving away too much info, so I tried a few other regulars from here and it came up with the same thing.
New members? well, in light of all our hi-jacked freerolls lately, by password whores, I tend to google anyone who looks like a freeroll whore when they post on here, just to see what other poker sites they are on. Pivel did pop up elsewhere, but if I can remember rightly I did apologise to him publicly for my attack on him, and tried to help him out(hang on, just found the thread):
https://www.cardschat.com/showthread.php?t=74642&highlight=pivel

he's not been back since, so from my point of view the jury's out on whether he's a freeroll whore or not?
Anyway Rob, that's it, thanks for your insightful advice, 'GET A LIFE!', I'm currently acting on that anyway, that's why Im away from here so much lately.
Thanks again for your wisdom.
KD

K

Kennyseven

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ah yeah, ive got no crap on me, i think, but a guy i played earlier had just joined a dating agency, and it listed what he liked in women. it was too funny when i read it out and put him on tilt!
I heard about that.....I thought that was great!

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, he didnt. just a bit more info, to give an idea what he looked for:
(His age if I remember rightly was 31?)

looking for female aged 18-45, most be blonde, slim, and beautiful. must live nearby, but I am willing to travel.
No reply unles female sends recent photo(the sexier the better)........etc

I have him on buddy list, easiest tilt Ive ever done on someone........

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just happened by this thread again, as it had been added to. Initially I took your reply rob as a joke/sarcastic dig etc, but I now realise you might be serious?
Kind of serious, i thought that googling an opponent (a complete stranger) then humiliating him mid game by disclosing embarrasing private facts to others was one of the nastiest things i've ever heard being done at a poker table. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and hope that you weren't being malicious and didn't realise how he would have felt, but you know how the saying goes, "those in glass houses .."

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
, "those in glass houses .."
speaking of glass houses...off topic, but I thought this was great....

It's the best bathroom ever!!!!

Best toilet ever

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kind of serious, i thought that googling an opponent (a complete stranger) then humiliating him mid game by disclosing embarrasing private facts to others was one of the nastiest things i've ever heard being done at a poker table. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and hope that you weren't being malicious and didn't realise how he would have felt, but you know how the saying goes, "those in glass houses .."
as I mentioned on another thread, which maybe you havent seen, when I play a table Im always polite, till someone rips me, then I rip them back. the guy mentioned reckoned he knew my mother and sister intimately well(if you know what I mean), which kinda provoked me into my verbal assault on him.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Then fair play to you, but you didn't put that on the thread. I'm sorry!

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no probs, sorry i didnt put it on as well, maybe then I wouldnt have nearly fallen out with a 'hammer', us torquay fans need all the support we can get..........

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no probs, sorry i didnt put it on as well, maybe then I wouldnt have nearly fallen out with a 'hammer', us torquay fans need all the support we can get..........

No falling out with hammers allowed!!!!!!

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
christ, 2 in the same room, must be a reunion...............

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kind of pathetic ....googling your opponent b/c they piss you off with inappropriate comments? geesh.
What are you hoping to find? That they bought a penis pump on ebay or something? Don't even bother. You're both sickos to me, then.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, ok
its called gathering ammunition, done on rare occaisions when some idiot is disrupting mine, and others, enjoyment of poker. As mentioned, it was a retaliation attack on my behalf.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...But what will the other players have left to retaliate with, if you all google the same stuff? !!! You've got to make up your own material...be original! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.