Upcoming Hearing on Internet Gaming

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From the PPA:

The PPA has learned that the U.S. House of Representatives’ Subcommittee for Commerce, Manufacturing, and Trade will hold a hearing on Internet gaming on Tuesday, October 25, 2011. The subcommittee of the House Energy and Commerce Committee will bring forward a variety of witnesses to discuss regulation of Internet gaming and gather information for a future hearing to examine the merits of Rep. Joe Barton’s online poker Act of 2011 (H.R. 2366).

At the time of this email the witnesses for the hearing are still unknown. The PPA and its lobbying team will continue to meet with members of the subcommittee and their staffs leading up to next week’s hearing. We will be asking PPA members whose U.S. Representative is a member of this committee to contact their member directly before the hearing. Please check the PPA website and your inbox for future announcements about this very important hearing.

ferratus

ferratus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats one thing that I will never understand.. I guess its just me but the biggest problem in this country are the lawyers. So you take the most greedy individuals known to man, who are willing to lie to achieve whatever they want and you put them in charge of the country.. So here we sit with the economy in the tank and a perfect op to add some flow to the well flow.......... we shall see my friends.

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I went to the facebook link for Lamar and could not figure out how to post a topic on his wall. So I added it to his last thread. "Legalize internet poker NOW" Does any1 know how to make a new thread on this subject on his facebook?

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well phooey, went to Barton's link, another facebook page, and it has a "post comment on wall" place, I write a comment and hit enter and it does not post. The other option it gives me is "share", if I hit that will it post it on his wall? I really don't want to send a comment to all my non poker playing friends.

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well phooey, went to Barton's link, another facebook page, and it has a "post comment on wall" place, I write a comment and hit enter and it does not post. The other option it gives me is "share", if I hit that will it post it on his wall? I really don't want to send a comment to all my non poker playing friends.

You have to "like" the page first, then you can comment on other's posts instead of posting your own. I'm not sure how the "Share" button works as far as sending to all your friends. If you don't want to post, it would also be helpful to "like" the pro poker posts. If you sort by most recent you will see them or use this link http://www.facebook.com/RepJoeBarton?sk=wall&filter=1

Some facebook pages don't allow you to post completely new posts, but Barton's does.

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks, I liked em all and added one of my own

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Then I went back to Smith and added a poker comment to his latest thread, then went to Campbell and Johnson and posted. It works when I hit the "share", if it goes to all my contacts also, well, they all know I play poker. Now ya'll "like my comment on johnson, please

M

Madness_does

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well with the election coming up I would not hold your breath, these idiots know its a multi billion dollar business, yet they just keep dragging here feet, its amazing how nazi bush and his cronies got poker illegal and one fail swoop and we have to sit here and fight like hell to get it back. I see the only way poker is going to be legalized quick is to do what the bush admin. did, sneak that sucker into a bill that has to be passed.

ferratus

ferratus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got a repsonse back from our rep. He will NOT be getting my vote next time around.
Matthew: Thank you for your letter on poker. The state will have no say unless the federal government enacts the law first. My response would depend on what the federal law says. I am one who has opposed legalized gambling in Indiana in my years in the Indiana legislature. If it becomes a national law, Indiana may decide to be part of the regulation and taxation.

Please keep me informed if the federal proposal passes into law.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2011 11:16 AM
To: Senate District14
Subject: Email Your Legislator

Name:

Address:
State: IN

Comment :

Please Support My Right to Play Poker on the Internet, IN October 22, 2011The Honorable Dennis K. KruseIndiana Senate200 West Washington StreetIndianapolis, IN 46204Dear Senator Kruse:As a constituent, voter, and poker enthusiast, I am writing to ask foryour support regarding specific actions our great state will berequired to take if legislation in the U.S. Congress becomes law. Specifically, H.R. 2366, the Online Poker Act of 2011, and H.R. 1174, the InternetGambling Regulation, Consumer Protection and Enforcement Act, allowfor collection of taxes that are currently going overseas instead of intoour state and Federal treasuries. The revenue generated will be sharedbetween the Federal government and the states.If either bill passes into law, our state will have to make a choice.EVEN THOUGH THESE ARE FEDERAL BILLS, THE DECISION TO PARTICIPATE WILL BEMADE BY EACH INDIVIDUAL STATE. We can either participate in therevenue-sharing program or opt out of the provisions of the bill. I respectfully askthat you support keeping our state in this important program.These bills provide for sensible licensing, regulation, and taxationof online poker. They mandate rigorous, verifiable and proven safeguardsagainst underage participation while providing consumer protectionsfor the millions, including many in our state, who responsibly enjoyonline poker. These bills include dedicated funding to establish and implement programs for prevention and treatment of those with excessive gaminghabits.I believe these bills will benefit our state economically, as anestimated $60 billion can be raised nationally over ten years through regulationand taxation of Internet gaming. For me, however, the primary issues areones of personal freedom and consumer protection. These bills also allowAmerican companies to participate in the world's Internet pokermarket, bringing needed jobs to our state.Solutions like these bills provide the most rational approach to controlling this industry and preserving it for adults who choose toengage in games of skill like poker. An unenforceable, unpopular prohibition provides none of these benefits. All prohibition can do isdrive players underground or overseas while limiting my personalfreedom.What's most important to me is your support for my rights. Pleaserespond to this letter and let me know if you will support keeping our statein this important revenue-sharing program. I hope that I, along with myover one million fellow Poker Players Alliance members, can count on yoursupport.Thank you for your consideration.Sincerely,Matthew

--

Sent to Senator Dennis Kruse