Tzvetkoff pleads not guilty - Poker is a Game of Skill

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting. If the story is accurate a win for him would be huge for the industry. Of course a defeat would be awful but at some point we have to come out of the grey area.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he wins he'll go from absolute villian to absolute hero overnight. If anyone is going to do it, a multimillionaire probably has the best chance.

The Gent

The Gent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just can't see it. I would love this to 'win' and allow all poker to go live throughout the US again, but I just don't see it.

Joe Bloggs on a Saturday evening who has pretty much no grasp on the game at the micros apart from perhaps starting hands is gambling.

Just my thoughts...

laidlow

laidlow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will be very interested to see how this plays out but to be honest I don't think he stands a chance!

_dogmeat

_dogmeat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn't he make a deal and participate in a witness protection program?
After all, he was the snitch, right?

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From what I have heard the case against him is so complicated that the prosecutor might drop the charges.
In New York there is a time limit on pressing charges, and that might save him.
In reality thats just a technicality, but he is their prime witness in the Black Friday trial, so not pressing charges might be part of a secret deal.
If they let him go free, then that sucks IMO.

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is the correct plan. The attempt to prove that our game is a game of skill is an all-in bet . hope it works.

Top 10 Games