two things

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. how do you make poker videos I just decided i would like to make and record my own poker videos. there is a very good reason for this but i dont want to go into that at length. I have my own camera but not sure if that would suffice as i somehow filming myself and the screen from a distance or jack stand behind me just reeks of poor quality and seems to grotesque it actually seems grotesque to do that. though if i cant find any other way that is ultimately what i will do.

but I know there must be a way. I have a mac book but a later version replaced my old one it was dying and running slow and was over 3 years old. got given this for my birthday so it is less then a month old pretty much fresh out of the shop so i assuming should be up to date enough to do this. I do need to know what software though.

Also had an interesting poker tournament hand which everyone on the table called me an idiot for i don't think it was a mistake though.

ok later in a tournament stages in the small blind im dealt 510 of dimonds im not a donkey i usually fold these hands unless the table is very tight. anyway i have this philosophy in poker which is a bit weird but i find it has always had miricles for me and believe strongly in it. basically if someone limps and theres no raises always complete the small blind (rare exceptions but they are rare) why cause it only half a blind any two cards not expensive to chuck especially in the late stages of a tournement where the antees are si high your getting ridicolous pot odds and implied odds. so someone limps and thats just what i do i complete the half blind the bb checks

flop comes k diamonds q diamonds 10 spades i have a pair and flush draw am strong but may be behind at moment though im ahead of any pair anyway so i bet out one call one fold turn is J clubs. danger card any A is a straight. i check guy bets into me for a third of the pot i figure i still got a flush draw 4-1 pot odds guy probably has a straight so very good implied odds. i can get his whole stack if i hit. i call. miracle card A diamonds thinking if i just open shove this he will think im trying to steal and call for split pot as the board is now straight so thats what i do and fast to.

he instant calls bam wam out.

i double up and the whole table is calling me stupid and a donkey i dont often play crud hands but cmon is that really that bad play?

btw were talking mtt not sit and go.

B

bigjoker66

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can use something like Camtwist to capture and record your desktop on a mac.

Look at the FAQ's on sites like justin.tv or ustream.tv, they have lots of info about sapturing your desktop and recording it.

Here is how to do it with snow leopard and quicktime: http://www.maciverse.com/how-to-create-a-screencast.html

lost of stuff out there if you Google 'screencast mac'

Last edited:
PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
camtasia is good for making poker vids