Trying to build a BR playing 6 handed SnG's

A

aussiecardshark

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all..

As 6 handed tourneys are my preferred method of play, Im using some of your bankroll management advise (there's plenty on this site) to try and turn $30 into $1000.. And we will see what happens after that!

Any advise please.. On improving my 6 handed play is more than welcome!

I know most build their B-rolls from 9-10 handed, but i prefer 6 handed play.. so i will see how I go.. I figure 33% get paid anyway.. Am I looking at this the right way?

I thought double or nothings might be the way to go, with a 50% payout.. But they bore the absolute shit outta me.. lol. And heads up is a bit to much of a crap shoot for my liking..

I had a brief session and started last night playing $1.20 sng on Noble, and this is how I went...

Starting Bankroll: $30
Now: $43.87

Trying to get to $55 then il start playing $2.40 ones.. (5%)

Il post up every session every day.. Please folks, constructive criticism is more than welcome, on both 6 handed strategy, and bankroll management.

Cheers

Aus.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well sounds to me like u got the BRM part down as far as only usin no more than 5% of your BR on a SnG.

do u happen to have SnG wizard installed on your PC, if not you consider downloading a free trial of it

A

aussiecardshark

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well sounds to me like u got the BRM part down as far as only usin no more than 5% of your BR on a SnG.

do u happen to have SnG wizard installed on your PC, if not you consider downloading a free trial of it

No I dont at this stage.. I used to use poker tracker.. But im not sure whether it will work with Noble (it doesnt work with VC, another ipoker site)

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I dont at this stage.. I used to use poker tracker.. But im not sure whether it will work with Noble (it doesnt work with VC, another ipoker site)

have u used HEM? maybe that will work with noble? not sure but its a suggestion

B

Bobboslice

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
UB Bobboslice Cake Bobboslice FT Def322

Hey just read you post and I think your off to a pretty good start. I always felt like 6 handed sit and gos were the way to go, especially if your playing turbo's. When I played 10 handed sit and go's it felt more like bingo when the blinds got higher, for example with 7 people left or even 6. The blinds being 150-300 its always all in or nada. Always felt like my chances were better of cashing when there were 3-4 people left and the blinds got higher.

If you feel bored playing the 10 seated, simply dont play them! When I get bored I play erratic and 9-10 suited always looks like aces!!

After blowing my bankroll numerous times playing 10-20 hours at a time chasing the money I lost, I put my ego to the side and realized I was only as my best playing max 6 hours at a time.

All in all I think you off to a good start. Stick to your rules and dont get discouraged by watching the bigger games especially on full tilt. Building a br takes some time. GL

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have three thoughts:

1) Pokertracker is just fine.
2) 6-handed SnG's play just like the normal ones except you're in early position less often.
3) Learn to use an ICM calculator.

N

No Aces 4 U

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play 9 seater ones... just take a nap till there are 6 people and there ya go!

And really.. you can go take a nap I promise you wont miss anything.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have three thoughts:

1) Pokertracker is just fine.
2) 6-handed SnG's play just like the normal ones except you're in early position less often.
3) Learn to use an ICM calculator.

^^ This plus I have one more thought:

1) Once you move up in limits you should be stricter with your BRM as 20 buyins is just not enough when multi tabling sngs.

A

aussiecardshark

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all..

So far im still yet to climb.. im actually sitting on $41, so donw $2 lol

I got 2nd place so many times.. and ive been practising the ICM training also..

I just got terrible bad beats when heads up.. Like id flop an ace high flush, and it would go runner runner book for the other player..

But considering the bad beats i was served, I thought i should of lost more from tilt..

So not to bad I guess

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The 6 handed sngs are good when you're short on funds. Only 2 places pay but 3 less guys to beat. Just use the 5% BR rule and don't get too wild and you'll do fine.

A

aussiecardshark

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn this low limit crap..

I dont think ive ever had a run of cold cards..

QQ gets smashed by AK on the river...

My AK gets smashed by 2-2 on the river..

I just cant win

The trouble is with low limit is theres no respect for a raise.. Cant seem to crack $100 to be able to play $5 limit, where i "might" get some respect..

Anyone ever just deposited $100+ just to avoid the super donk tables?

Seems all they are doing is playing bingo, not poker..

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ gets smashed by AK on the river...

My AK gets smashed by 2-2 on the river..

I just cant win
You lost two coinflips... you realize the odds of this happening are about 25%...

Btw, the donkeys are the easiest competition you'll ever face. If you deposit more money to move up in stakes, I suggest you play $10/$20 Stud 8 on Ultimate Bet. Because if you're going to donate money, you might as well donate it to me.

D

DrMarcelo55

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah is a good strategy. Sometimes i incrase my BR playing 1,10 STnGos with 45 players. Last month i started with 0.63 cents and got a good profit of 60 dollars in the final of the day. Starting with 0,30 SitnGo and increase the buy ins

Pbland

Pbland

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like you're ahead of where I was when I first started trying to build my bankroll because you understand BRM. I didn't even know that phrase until I joined this CC site. I too have become a fan of 6-handed SNGs. By far that has helped me build my BR because it's easier to get a feel for the players and I know when I need to change gears depending on which players are left at the table. Good luck!

sammyfive

sammyfive

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you need to play a few larger MTT once in a while. When I first started, all I played was SNG's and had a huge gap in my game where I didn't have experience with early tournament play.

P

PrinceSheba

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any sites with 6-seated Double-or-Nothings? I've played 10s a lot at PStars. Haven't noticed 6s.

Please help, thanks.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go for it, i built a bank roll from 4.00 bucks, from playing SNG's on Stars...
GL on your start, i see you are doing well. :)

A

aussiecardshark

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play 9 seater ones... just take a nap till there are 6 people and there ya go!

And really.. you can go take a nap I promise you wont miss anything.

Hey Guys..

Well after the last few days grinding my *** off ive managed to get my BR back up to a nice $52.91

I found some leaks in my game, and yeah, basically I was getting bored lol..

Ive been told I am an extremely good shorthanded player.. and most of my results were either 6th, 2nd or 1st.. So that basically sums up whats going wrong..

If I were going to play tight in the early stages, I figured giving the 10 seaters another go.. and thats what I did.. (higher payouts.. plus payout for 3rd)

Ive also been following this strategy for the early stages.. simple yet effective (so hard to fold A-Qos on the button tho hehe) https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-games-11/how-consistently-beat-sit-gos-64669/

It does work for me so far.. and by the time im at 4-5 players, I play how I play best.. and have been placing in the money A LOT :D
Figure this maybe is just what I need to play tight early.. although this strategy is EXTREMLY tight lol..

Funny that I was down to 0.80 hahaha.. Had to play out of my BR zone (10cent were the smallest lol) but im on the way back up! Nearly got some bonuses that will be starting to come as well, so should be good to see what happens over the next few days :)

$3 more and il be onto $2 sng's

Ive been playing mostly non turbos... as I find the turbos blinds climb to fast for this strategy.. would most agree?.. Does anyone have any long term results from using this strategy?..
I remember getting the email a couple of years ago from this Roy fella.. Thought of it as spam tho haha..

Thanks for all your advice :)

Aus

L

lt2k3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
well i started playin 6-handed sng's on 14 december with 25 euro (around 33$) and now i have 402$.
i guess 6 handed is my game...
i play 10$/1$ games, gonna move up to 20$/2 when im above 500$

sorry for bad english if there are alot of mistakes :D

bigdog6262

bigdog6262

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any sites with 6-seated Double-or-Nothings? I've played 10s a lot at Pokerstars. Haven't noticed 6s.

Please help, thanks.
CarbonPoker
MintedPoker
intertops Poker

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Guys..

Well after the last few days grinding my *** off ive managed to get my BR back up to a nice $52.91

I found some leaks in my game, and yeah, basically I was getting bored lol..

Ive been told I am an extremely good shorthanded player.. and most of my results were either 6th, 2nd or 1st.. So that basically sums up whats going wrong..

If I were going to play tight in the early stages, I figured giving the 10 seaters another go.. and thats what I did.. (higher payouts.. plus payout for 3rd)

Ive also been following this strategy for the early stages.. simple yet effective (so hard to fold A-Qos on the button tho hehe) https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-games-11/how-consistently-beat-sit-gos-64669/

It does work for me so far.. and by the time im at 4-5 players, I play how I play best.. and have been placing in the money A LOT :D
Figure this maybe is just what I need to play tight early.. although this strategy is EXTREMLY tight lol..

Funny that I was down to 0.80 hahaha.. Had to play out of my BR zone (10cent were the smallest lol) but im on the way back up! Nearly got some bonuses that will be starting to come as well, so should be good to see what happens over the next few days :)

$3 more and il be onto $2 sng's

Ive been playing mostly non turbos... as I find the turbos blinds climb to fast for this strategy.. would most agree?.. Does anyone have any long term results from using this strategy?..
I remember getting the email a couple of years ago from this Roy fella.. Thought of it as spam tho haha..

Thanks for all your advice :)

Aus

Yea I try and stick to that strategy, in 18 player 6-max in 26 games ($39 entry fee) I've won just short of $90, they do seem to be my forte and you can guarentee some fish in every game, I try and mix my play up occasionally though when I meet a better opponent who is adjusting.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's really hard to earn consistent money just grinding SNGs unless you are mass-tabling and getting rakeback. I'd try to grind it up and then expand your horizons a bit.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands