Tropical Poker

BoTY

BoTY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone ever played here? I'm playing here and got a nice bankroll going, looking for some feedback...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know for a fact that "JessieBear15331" plays there. I'm not sure of anyone else though. Shoot her a PM, I'm sure she'd be happy to talk to ya about it!

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played on there during the beta, and then again with the free money I'd won during those freerolls... completely idiot plays, and a string of losing with the favourite hand to bust me out, and I haven't played there since... if you're doing well there, then make the most of it. It's nowhere near the busiest of sites (my biggest issue was a lack of Omaha games going), but so long as you can find games at the stakes you're comfortable at and find it profitable, by all means keep playing there. If you haven't played any other sites, then check out some of the others with some of the profits, somewhere with more players and hence game and stakes options.

BoTY

BoTY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like your style. There is like two tables of .25/.50 NL holdem going there which I play. It's okay but you playing the same people all day and they starting to catch on to my tactics. I've withdrawn now with no problems so I'm happy with it

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a decent site. The play there is better than most poker sites out there. A lot of freerolls if you like freerolls. Overall, not the greatest but a nice little site.

BoTY

BoTY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've moved all my money to World Poker Exchange now. It's a rake-free website. I saved over 40 bucks this month on rake!

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried Tropical after seeing this thread. Got to the money in 2 out of the 3 freerolls I played in. How do you like World Poker Exchange?

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I opened an account today at Tropical. First tourney I took 14th (ITM) out of 186. Second tourney I busted out 148th. I made a good call and got all the money in with AK suited dominating villian's AQ offsuit. Villian caught a Q on the turn and had me covered. No help on the river sent me packing.

All in all, though, I really like the site so far. And I've seen some of the regulars there now like JessieBear, JimboJim, T1riel, and TalkPkr2Me. So I'm going to stick it out a little over there and see how things go.

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish there were more players but its pretty nice. I think poker.com and Tropical will share my time pretty evenly

BoTY

BoTY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I moved all my money to poker exchange, but I think I'll move back to tropical, its a nice site and its easy