Triple Draw

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This may sound really stupid. But how the hell do you play triple draw. I see it's offered at some sights now and Of course I've heard of it before, but I don't know the rules. Can anyone explain? Also, are there some basic strategy points that someone can share. I do not want to start playing this without a clue.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Negreanu's got a great part in SS2 about it. Last time I read it though was months ago and I can't even remember the rules to the game...

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Real basic...

Rules:

Triple draw is a lowball variant. Basically, triple draw is 5 card draw, lowball (lowest hand wins). However, instead of just one draw, there are three. There is a round of betting after each draw.

For A-5 triple draw, the lowest hand wins- straights and flushes don't count and aces are considered low. So the best hand is A2345.

For 2-7 draw, the lowest hand wins, but straights and flushes do count and aces are considered high. Thus, A2345 is a very bad hand and the best possible hand is 23457 (and it can't be a flush).

There is a lot of action and luck in triple draw, which is why many people like this game.