Thinking of enterring.....

B

bennbfc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
WCOOP#2 [$530 NLHE] £5+R sat.

Ive never entered anykind of rebuy tournement and was thinking does any 1 have any tips + has any1 entered this tourney b4 and have any idea the no. of entrants etc etc

any help gladly received & BTW its being played on POKERSTARS.:)

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last year it wasnt that bad at all, not that dissimlilar to a freezeout to be honest. Think there was about 2000 entrants. It all depends on the perceived value really. If you consider yourself capable of a top 30 spot then you could consider maybe 5 rebuys. If you think you are going to be lucky to get into the top 200 then maybe just 1 rebuy. In short, Be frank and honest about your prospects and decide your rebuys from there.

EDIT EDIT EDIT...doh....it's a feeder. This makes it even easier. If you think that your abilities and chances are good to qualify (530 value), then you can attach a hypothetical % to it. eg you think you have the patience and ability to bring it home, then if you think you've got a say 5% liklihood of doing it, then the perceived value is 5% of 530 ie $26.5. Therefore dont spend more than this on rebuys and add-ons. Adjust the % realistically according to your ability and how you stack is looking compared to others.

Last edited:
J

Just1morefish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing i have noticed is that ppl will go all-in and at the sametime rebuy. Doesn't matter what there chip stack is the system at pp still lets them do it. I thought you could only rebuy with chip stack less that 3000.
I tryed, didn't let my do it. Sucks learning this stuff on the $$.
Any thoughts on that style of rebuy? I can see that the system sees that you have no chips then lets you rebuy. I believe you should only be able to rebuy when your out of hand, not in the middle on an all-in.

withawedge

withawedge

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bennbfc,

Why make the point that it is being played on pokerstars.

Does this affect your thinking/strategy

:confused: