Stuck at $50

C

Carey2011

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

I've been playing Poker for a while, few years. Never however with ANY strict BRM, so I was going broke, but I was mainly playing for a bit of fun. I now however want to keep to strict BRM, and I have been doing so for the last few days where I've been playing a lot of hands.

I don't use any Poker Tools or anything, and I'm currently playing $1 1table SNG and some times the 45 man MTT $1 on full tilt.

I'd win 1, lose 3, back to $50. Sometimes better of course, I've made a few good cashes. Quite a few final table 45man including 2 wins, yet seem to be stuck at $50 mark.

I'm now up to $58 after deciding to take a break from SnG and play the $1 RB+AO Daily Dollar, 10,427 runners and I finished 712 (88 ran into QQ pre-flop shove) and walked away with $6.

I'm happy with that actually, it proves I've got the drive and determination to sit through, and beat, 9,400~ players, even if they were 'all in first hand'!

However, I really do need some tips on how to get this BRM moving!

Thanks in advance.

MuscleMan76

MuscleMan76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only way to increase your bank roll in sng's is to play a lot of volume. there's so much variance that its really tough to see anything improve over a short amount of time.

i would suggest downloading some tracking software and increasing the amount of tables you play at the same time (start low, maybe 4 if your not used to it).

Tom Goldberg

Tom Goldberg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only way to increase your bank roll in sng's is to play a lot of volume. there's so much variance that its really tough to see anything improve over a short amount of time.

i would suggest downloading some tracking software and increasing the amount of tables you play at the same time (start low, maybe 4 if your not used to it).

Yes I think multitabling is the way forward as I know from first hand experience I started of with the $1 SnG's and the variance is quite big as you get so many bad players. It shouldn't be that complicated start of with say 3 tables and stick to a game plan you know works.

If you continue to have trouble I would advise you to go on www.SNGTrainer.com this is a free 2 week course and teaches you all the elements you need to be a good SNG player, I have done the course myself and it has helped massively. The videos are only around ten minutes long so won't bore you to much either :)

N

nray25

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey i had the exact same problem as you, but then i started playing cash games, it was a really weird jump from playing sngs all my life but it definitely is the way to go. i multitable 16 at once but that may be a lot compared to most people (i feel that i can handle it and i know some people that do up to 25 at once) try multitabling maybe 4 tables at once with cash games. use the method where you dont buy in with more than 5% of your bankroll so you should be playing .01/.02 cash games with max buy in. always use max buyin. ive built my bankroll from 50 to 220. you will go through slides at times but always be consistent with your play and BRM and i think you will be fine.