Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone cardschatters entered this?

Mass game of strip poker set for Saturday

Fri Aug 18, 2006 01:13 PM BST

LONDON (Reuters) - Up to 200 strip poker players will compete on Saturday to see who will lose their shirts -- and more -- and who will scoop 10,000 pounds by retaining their clothes and modesty. Organised by Irish bookmaker Paddy Power, the inaugural World Strip Poker Championship takes place at the prestigious Cafe Royal in central London with players battling it out in games of "No Limit Texas Hold 'em".
"We are holding the competition because we got so much interest from our spoof April Fool this year about a strip poker competition that we thought, 'why not? let's do it for real," Paddy Power's Darren Haines told Reuters on Friday.
He said players of both sexes from over 12 countries would battle it out for the "Gold Fig Leaf" trophy and the right to revel in the title of World Strip Poker Champion.
Aside from strict rules governing the poker play, Paddy Power has laid down clear guidelines on the stripping element -- most importantly that each player starts the match by wearing five items of clothing supplied by the organisers.
Each contestant will be given a towel to sit on and to cover themselves when naked, but only after they have stripped completely.
"Inappropriate behaviour," will not be tolerated, said Paddy Power.

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.

link here

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And the sad thing about this is that, most likely, you wouldn't want to see many, if any, of these people naked. Just imagine if the players are typical of the average poker player you see in a tourney or card room. Yikes. Oh, there's Mike Matasow taking his shirt off. Oh boy, Doyle lost that hand. Sadly, the likes of an Annie Duke or Evelyn Ng playing would be slim. Although there would likely be some Cathy Lierberts. Ewww.:eek:

:D

J

Just1morefish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I want pictures! or do I.
No maybe that's not such a good idea...

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This could bring a whole new batch of tells into play, like the guy who gets an erection every time he gets dealt Aces.

shortstacked

shortstacked

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
combuboom said:
This could bring a whole new batch of tells into play, like the guy who gets an erection every time he gets dealt Aces.
I thought getting an erection when you got aces was normal

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jack Daniels said:
Sadly, the likes of an Annie Duke or Evelyn Ng playing would be slim.

I saw Evelyn Ng at the wsop. To put her in the same sentence with Annie Duke is really a disservice. Ng could be a model if she wasn't playing poker. Duke would probably do ok panhandeling for change on a street corner.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder how the betting goes.

"I bet a pair of socks"
"I raise your trousers"

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bombjack said:
I wonder how the betting goes.

"I bet a pair of socks"
"I raise your trousers"

I'm all in and everything else I have is all out. :eek: Oooh, that wouldn't be a pretty site.

I think if Jennifer Tilly was playing, she could raise my trousers without saying a word (and I wouldn't have to be playing - the game that is. ;) )