starting a bankroll

M

manofthehour

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to start playing again and earn some money without depositing. I am in the cardschat freeroll club but didnt cash because of bad luck and terrible hands. Any advice? My profits were very good at one point

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think profits can ever be too good freerolling.

i'd just deposit and start with a good BR and practice good BRM and watch the money pile up.

M

matt0216

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt has some private freerolls that are worth playing, you just have to keep an eye out for them.

I just checked to see if there are any running today, and there is a pretty good one tonight.

twitter.com/fulltiltpoker is running daily $200 freerolls. Max amount of people is 750 so it's a good freeroll. Passwords are released on there twitter page shortly before it starts.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Good Luck and keep Freerolling.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

i'd just deposit and start with a good BR and practice good BRM and watch the money pile up.

+1. This. I think you waste tons of time trying to build from nothing on freerolls. Generally the fields are huge, the payouts small (cc freeroll excluded of course:)). Why not just deposit 40 or 50 bucks, you'll be rolled for 2nl or the lowest sit n goes. I think that you will learn more and you can make more money as you learn.

I tried the freeroll route very briefly but after a few min cashes (that took hours) I deposited.

Good luck.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won 6 bucks off a CC freeroll on Carbon about a month ago and now I have 107 dollars on there so it can be done.

Keep your eye out for good public freerolls (there not many.) Play in all of the CC freerolls, they are all good deals. Also try to play in other private freerolls, Poker Review List has some on pokerstars, I think they have them on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays during the daytime. They release the pass in the forum on there message boards about 5 mins before they start. There are others as well, you just have too look into it.

dwolfg

dwolfg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maintain a patient mindset. It can take a long time to build a sizable bankroll from freerolls, but it can be done. Forget your profit per time as that will depress you too much to continue.

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started out in FR's before I even joined CC (although they were 2500 max at the time)
I have never deposited and still have a decent BR on both FT and PS.
It can be done but it takes a lot of patience.

Good luck

:cool:

Maros232

Maros232

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i play 3 month. i play only freerolls. i win some money. on beginning i win 2dollars and i go play cash game later a win 150 freeroll on FTP and now i have 350 dollar and i still wining. so u must be patient and have luck :D good luck.

L

LarryT503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm right there with you! I'm practically opposed to investing my own money so am trying to build a bankroll freerolling. Was over $200 at one time, but blew it. My advice: As you get in the cash- set bankroll management rules and follow them. I tried to move up to bigger buy-ins too quickly.

Salty Mouse

Salty Mouse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm currently playing micro stakes with the small winnings I've made on wading through those massive freerolls. In terms of money versus time and effort it's a ridiculous waste of time, but I love poker so it doesn't bother me to spend hours to win, say, $1.

But I'm also thinking about saving up to make a deposit, to have enough money to still keep the stakes rather small, but have more and better playing (and cashing) options.

And some of the sites have great deals on first-time deposits. One I can't remember off the top of my head right now will match your first deposit up to $600!

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

pffft! Check out annett_15 of whatever her nickname was. From free rolls to multi millionaire! :D

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It can definitely be done from freerolls if you have the patience. Right now, though, the only freerolls worth playing are the CC freerolls and the Twitter/Facebook freerolls on Full Tilt. They use to have the $200 freerolls with 400-player max on Facebook, but I guess they switched the format a bit and switched it over to Twitter or something.

Misofer

Misofer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to start playing again and earn some money without depositing. I am in the cardschat freeroll club but didnt cash because of bad luck and terrible hands. Any advice? My profits were very good at one point

Good, that's one of my goals. I was up to $55 DLS without depositing, winning some freerolls and going from there. (end up losing everything from tilt and not following the BRM)

CC's freeroll is a good option, you can also try your country's freeroll but there's a lot of peeps, so if you have the patience go for it. Twitter FT freeroll is a good option as well they have nice payouts and less people.

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What site(s) are you interested in? Each site usually has Huge donkfests freerolls--I have cashed in these bfore but can be brutal hours played to get there though.

Play the CC freerolls on the sites and register to represent CC in the OFC freerolls.

M

mrmood6007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it would be pretty difficult to start a decent bankroll my freerolling. There are way too many fish in the freerolls, and you will need a ton of luck to even cash in them. Personally, I can attest to how difficult it really is, because I have built up my bankroll through freerolls, and it too me months. I realize that you most likely just don't want to deposit your money because you feel that you can earn enough through freerolls, but it is actually a lot harder than it sounds.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

This is really dependant upon what your goals are. You want to earn money without depositing. < sounds like your options are quite limited... answer seems pretty obv. If you don't want to deposit, I guess you'll have to practise patience.
sidenote: I don't believe we're supposed to solicit other forum games on this forum

pdias666

pdias666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, i started abou 2 years ago in freerolls, and now i got arround 1K, just playng frees, 90% of times. Yes, it's not much, but then i just want to play for fun, i don't want to play hi stakes, and i don't want to play 12 hour tournments, i want to leave my PC whenever i want.

If you intent differently, please learn BRM very VERY well. then deposit 100$, and if you have the skills, your BR will grow really well

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man freerolls can be a major chore, all it takes though is one breakthrough then your over the first step. Then the most important thing is BRM, there are plenty of threads here with information on the best way to go about this

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you need to do it through Freerolls it is a hard chore, but by far your best bet is keep playing the CC Freerolls, and join all the OFC Freerolls when they come along. The normal FTP freerolls are a huge waste of time in my opinion and should be avoided like the plague. FTP points freerolls are much better. The PS freerolls for 10fpp,100fpp etc are also better value.

IMO the best alternative is to go the staking site route. On several sites you can be backed without putting a dime of money up, which allows you to build a BR starting from nothing. Also, all levels of players can currently get backing, from 1.10 SNGs to 215 Sunday Million to wsop. Beginners have to work the hardest to get money, but many people are out there willing to give even newcomers a chance that respect money and show they can appreciate the fact they can play for free.

If you choose to go the staking route, stats are important, but even bad stats can get money. People are more interested that you are willing to learn and it is extremely important to follow directions, and only play the exact games contracted. My blog has a section on staking if you are interested in the reputable sites that offer it.

R

rollnutilt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1. This. I think you waste tons of time trying to build from nothing on freerolls. Generally the fields are huge, the payouts small (cc freeroll excluded of course:)). Why not just deposit 40 or 50 bucks, you'll be rolled for 2nl or the lowest sit n goes. I think that you will learn more and you can make more money as you learn.

I tried the freeroll route very briefly but after a few min cashes (that took hours) I deposited.

Good luck.
+1 Its hard to win in a freeroll unless its a cc freeroll where they play proper. Other than that its pretty much a donkfest. I'm not saying you can't do it it's just alot harder. GL:D

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won over 1000$ taking the money won from freerolls at CC to other sites grinding andcashing bonuses.I think i won ~ 200$ from CC freerolls. Of course it took me over year playing 1/2c micros csh tables and 1-2 dollars buy-ins sngs to do that but is huge since i started from 0.
It can be done.

Of course with a good BR management and TAG play if you are a beginner you can deposit and grind. But than again ... to be a winning or at least an even player you have to beat the rake witch is quite hard when oyou are an absolute beginner.

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 Its hard to win in a freeroll unless its a cc freeroll where they play proper. Other than that its pretty much a donkfest. I'm not saying you can't do it it's just alot harder. GL:D

It's much easyer to beat a 120 ppl donkfest than a 120 ppl CC freeroll . Trust me :D
If CC had 1000+ ppl freerolls and the play would be as good it would be like playing at lottery to get ITM if you are a beginner.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management