Stages of a losing online poker player

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stage One - So I can win real money just by winning a poker hand ? I just won't bet unless I have the best hand possible, this will be easy.

Stage Two - Wow, how could he bluff me off my two pair ? With the amount he bet, he should have had a monster. I need to figure out what kinds of hands the other players play.

Stage Three - These players in the micros call anything, and chase every draw. You can't win at this level, I'm tired of winning $2 a session. I'm taking my $100 and playing $50NL, two buyins is plenty for a tight player like me.

Stage Four - I can't believe he called $20 on a gut shot and hit the miracle straight on the river. Site must be rigged, you can't win online. I'm never playing online again.

Stage Five - Repeat Stages 1 through 4

eagle jim

eagle jim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you nailed that one DD....made me laugh

C

Clutch346

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm at stage three desperately trying to resist moving to stage four.

B

Bdex

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like stage 1 n thats how i seem to win lol.

gnk2727

gnk2727

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those are definitely the thoughts of anyone who has played micro stakes poker before. Im toughing it out at .01/.02 right now and I am seriously contemplating making a deposit just so I wont have to play there anymore.

Must resist the urges...

LizaMayra

LizaMayra

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is very true... you can't expect to play the same way in the Micros, as you would play in the higher limits... bankroll management is a must...

but above all I think it's a question of PRIDE... see once you build up your roll to $10K and you drop down to $1,200... you don't want to go back to play the lower limit games... in your mind you have already master them... your with the big boys now... and I think that's what gets people in trouble...

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am pissed when I lose anything. I am the ultimate cheap small baller, scraping the bottom of the barrell which is what's making me mad. It's not like I am getting outplayed, but for some reason all the worst possible cards keep falling.

I am progressing to stage 4... I have instead reverted to a passive mentality. Any scare card comes and I think I've lost. Thinking totally like a loser. Trying to snap out of it.

I got my bankroll up to as high as $312 from $50, it dropped as low as $296 but now I am trying to climb back.

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am pissed when I lose anything. I am the ultimate cheap small baller, scraping the bottom of the barrell which is what's making me mad. It's not like I am getting outplayed, but for some reason all the worst possible cards keep falling.

I am progressing to stage 4... I have instead reverted to a passive mentality. Any scare card comes and I think I've lost. Thinking totally like a loser. Trying to snap out of it.

I got my bankroll up to as high as $312 from $50, it dropped as low as $296 but now I am trying to climb back.

Don't try and chase your losses. You built your bankroll slow and steady and that is what it will take to continue to build it. Stick to the 5% rule and leave the table if you have more than 10% of your bankroll on it. Do this and you will never go broke.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you forgot stage 0: DUHHH I HAZ A PARE. ILL NEVAR FOLD!

Those are definitely the thoughts of anyone who has played micro stakes poker before. Im toughing it out at .01/.02 right now and I am seriously contemplating making a deposit just so I wont have to play there anymore.

Must resist the urges...
why? 2nl is by far the easiest stakes out there and is just full of fish. If they only all played 25nl, the world would be perfect...