Solar Flares and poker

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going playing poker for a couple of days. The latest solar activity has caused me to lose a little money on a couple of sites. Mainly Bogad and Cake. It's also causing other sites to drop out, mainly yahoo. Gonna play it safe here. Had winning hand twice and the sites dropped out. They really should have disconnect protection, even for micro and low stakers. How much trouble can it really be.

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally agree with you but some players abuse disconnection protection. They deliberately disconnect when they don't want to call a big river bet but think their hand might be good.

H

hawtshawt420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that used to annoy me so much when they wouldn't want to call for and they get rewarded for not calling a bluff. Either call and take it or fold and get bluffed. Even if it wasn't my hand waiting that long was pretty transparent, esp when they'd be back in the next hand.

general idea is good but too many people abused it, even over a 75c pot...

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you on DSL roland? I have not noticed ay interruption to any of my services...

P

poker d player

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if I get hit by a big solar flair will it turn my rags into bullets ? On a serious note it seems that I only get disconnected when I have the nuts and waiting to reraise my opponent .... never seems to fail.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sorry Miss Nelson, a solar flare burned up my homework.

Wish I'd known you back in them there school days, Rollie. ;)