Sit and Go, Bankroll, ROI, and a basic formula

O

OneMoreBust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I kinda started rambling in one thread and figured I'd give it a subject line and move it over here incase anyone had input or wanted to discuss it.

Discussing what limits to play at and expected hourly wages in doing so.

So for sit and go's
L(imit) = BR(bankroll)/30
T(tables/hour) = # of tables at once * (60/avg time to play a table)
HR (hourly rate) = T * L * ROI

So for a larger bankroll, of lets say, $300

L = 300/30 = 10
T = 4 * (60/45) = 5 1/3
HR = 5 1/3 * 10 * .15 = $8 an hour

The best way to find avg time per table is to play 100 games and avg it out. ROI is only determined by how you play. I think 15% is a fairly realistic # to shoot at for longterm goals on SNG's but maybe yours is 10% or 20% depending on the $$ level you play at and how stiff competition is.

HR = T * L * ROI

This formula is good for an approximation, obviously there are many factors, and it can depend on what sites you play, etc.

I have played 10 tables at once at the $10 limit but I found the stress factor + not being able to use the same level of finesse when it comes to stealing/timing bets/raises killed my ROI to the point that I was more profitable 3-4 tabling.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmmm I dunno. I dont like the idea of playing more than 2 sit and go's at once. Especially in the later stages of the game, when it gets to 4/5 handed, the table and your reaction to bets becomes very read dependant.

Who has changed gears ? Is Mr Passive suddenly Mr Aggressive for instance ?

I'd suggest if you want to increase your winrate change from playing 4x$11's to playing 2x$22's, the play in all honesty isn't any better.

Ive played a hell of a lot of sit and go;s over the last year or so, but every time i played over 2 I found that you become more and more card dependant, and miss out of some of them juicy pot stealing oppertunities.

As for you BR requirments for playing sit and go's, I think you have it bang on, but for lots of people including myself limits can change depending on how you feel at the time. Im currently grinding out the $22's, even though i could possibly hit up the higher limits, but im happy where im at for the moment.

Nice post.

O

OneMoreBust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two or more can work depending on the person, and depending if you have them staggered or not.

If you stagger them then you can essentially have 1 table at each level of blinds so that you arent as pressured and can focus more on the critical hands.

It is all personal preference, I just included that # to allow for variations.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management