Show or Muck

J

joeynumber100

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
almost always muck, sometimes I'll just show one card to indicate a weaker or stronger. Also it pisses people off when you only show one.

mendiolacubicle

mendiolacubicle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I muck my hands all the time during online games, but it's a different thing for live games 😄

B

bor9999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to show my cardsa fter good bluff because i can use it against my opponents

Ducbim

Ducbim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless I successfully bluff my opponent with 72o, I will never show my hole cards. Just don't like to give away any information of my playing style at the table.

jtholdm

jtholdm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am playing with respected player I will show. not always but to me it gives you some credibility with better players

M

MPaz_87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once in a while I show the cards, not everytime, but ocasionally I do it.
I don't show a bluff, if the hand was really good with a great pot and a lot of players and everyone else fold and the hand was mine I show it in order to make an image of myself to the other players so they can think that I don't bluff.
It works most of the time, so when you want to bluff you have more freedom.

C

cogath

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play at the micro levels and always muck. Generally, the people I do see showing their cards don't seem to be doing it for any good reason.

enolan

enolan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alway muck, unless it's a friendly game (if there is such a thing) and showing cards (very occationally) keeps the game fun for everyone.

B

braveboat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great question! I NEVER show my cards. Don't get me wrong; there are times that I'd love to, but I just don't. Showing cards is giving information, and thats the last thing I want to offer my opponents. And, I guess I'm just not smart enough to manipulate by showing one card... lol

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No show?

If I am playing with respected player I will show. not always but to me it gives you some credibility with better players

I don't usually see pros show their cards on TV.

B

bleibso

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i play online, i show my card never, but i play live,then i show sometimes by monster cards

Frank Burnette

Frank Burnette

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Muck - keep other players in the dark as much as possible. Imho, it's to your advantage to muck.:)

S

spazdm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally muck every hand in order to not give any information about myself, but every once in awhile i show a good hand so they think I only play great hands and dont bluff. Of course everybody bluffs sometimes, I just try to do it very little usually just to steal blinds or play dealer button. good luck cardschat bro's

Peteyweestro

Peteyweestro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am also a micro level player and the only time i show is to a friend that may be at my table when we went heads up.

charliboulders

charliboulders

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to show, but I'm a no show now. Can't read players cuz we are playing on line, I don't want to bring any attention to myself. I've learned chatting as well during game has not been good to me

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Casual or serious at poker? my eye in tournament, serious face? muck my hand but just for giggling not tournament and real cheap for BB, i say what the heck? why not :D

R

Retina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you can and show the map so to speak due to the solidarity of opponents. You can also show your cards to confuse the enemy. Sometimes it helps to take the pot without a showdown.

G

gametime2011

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I muck 99% of the time, just once in a while I will show

xaxawa

xaxawa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show cards.
This is my principle.
I don't want to give hints to opponent about my game

IGotADonk

IGotADonk

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I muck about 95%. I'll show if I think it'll help me get into someone's head, put them on tilt, keep them on tilt, or to set up for a future bluff against the person.

Then there's the house games with my friends, where I show about half the hands I have. That's more just an excuse to drink and talk shit though.

Dlattanzio

Dlattanzio

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I never show but some people show the occassional bluff or the occassional nuts to keep people guessing as to their style of play.
The thing I don't like is when they show one card. This in my opinion should not be allowed and I have an immediate dislike for anyone that does it.

same here.

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Auto muck. Too busy playing the other 5 tables to care.

Plus villain can see if he wants, he just has to pay for the privilege.

S

satirist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think showing depends on the situation. The person, the timing, etc. Big or small, I always consider both showing and not showing, for either reinforcement or conditioning, I can't say exactly which... But I tend to not show very often, if, sometimes, at all. Like I said, to me, it depends a lot on the situation. Sometimes, heads up final table, I'll get crazy and show a few moves in a row, but that's after probably not showing 98%+ of my hands previously.

N

nusuntel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that mucking is the best way to play, especially in big tournaments. It's ok to show some bluffs at the last table just to play with their minds and get them angry.

sunirico

sunirico

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it was Daniel Negreanu that said if you reveal your cards your opponent wins and we don't want to make our opponents win.

What it boils down to is the fact that by not showing your cards the others have to wonder but if you show then they know now so they win. Something along those lines...