Sharing Accounts

CuttleFish

CuttleFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi All,

Have noticed from the online players that a lot of emphasis is placed on peoples stats from previous plays when deciding how to play against them.

What would happen if two players with very different styles shared an account and each took turns to play at different times? I.e. a nit and a lag pair up, one works days, one works nights, they jointly deposit and split winnings.

Would this throw other people off as their stats would converge to look like someone who's style was neither one of the two?

I assume this is not accepted by the sites, but also, how would this ever be policed?

Cheers.

Cuttlefish

Bauss

Bauss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is nothing sites can do about users sharing accounts, what are they going to raid peoples homes now?

I don't use any tracking software other then to analyze my own hands because I never play more then 4 tables at once, so it won't throw me off. But I'd assume it might throw off some people if players with two completely different styles were sharing the same account, but I wouldn't rely on it.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I assume this is not accepted by the sites, but also, how would this ever be policed?

Cheers.

Cuttlefish

Ahhhh....just like anything with two people involved, even when they are very close, disputes can arise, then it comes out you shared account. Then you find account closed and money taken by site.

Also, there are many people who can tell different styles are played on account, then they post their suspicions, and others post that agree or disagree about suspicions, then they email site with suspicions, and the site investigates playing history.

Do not let others play on your account, even your wife. You may never have a problem, but if you do, it is not worth the hassle.

smokeme

smokeme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the only thing u cant do is colluding. i dont think theyll know if two people are playin on the same acount.. say ur pro and u play all types of styles ;-)

CuttleFish

CuttleFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the only thing u cant do is colluding. i dont think theyll know if two people are playin on the same acount.. say ur pro and u play all types of styles ;-)

I'm not thinking about doing this, just wondering aloud whether its possible and whether or not people would do it.

smokeme

smokeme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh no i was just sayin. theyll probably never kno. i dont do it either just sayin.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously it's impossible to police, even if they noticed a change in ones playing style which would bring the suspicion right up to the top, it's proving that another particular person is actually playing from the same account. OF course, it's not allowed but it's "not" colluding and if one didn't admit to it, then there is nothing they could do.

Why you wondering by the way?

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know certainly of one account that his happens on. The two lads the play on that account are on a stake, and cannot touch the filters thats set up, apart from that they play what they want. There has been no sign of any interference from stars. From what i can see one plays PLO and the other MTT's.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is such an exception that it isnt worth worrying about.

R

ronshaks

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in practical terms, however, i guess it would be a tad inconvenient, esp. when the IPs are locked in and if two players or more make use of one account, it can be detected from the dramatic shift in IPs (discounting dynamic IPs originating from the same country). However, if I sense something wrong on the table, esp. with colluding players, I've never hesitated to ask the site to investigate. so far, as i play exclusively on pokerstars, i must say that their investigation dept has been exceptional in details and esp. promptness. even on some poker sites where we sense that someone may be playing on two accounts, we certainly have no qualms in creating hell for them. it's definitely a big NO NO to be playing on two accounts.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sure it could be done, but imo not worth the risk of getting caught as well as the fact that if I was going to go bust, I would want to be the one doing it, not the person I am sharing an account with.

Karkus77

Karkus77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its not just different people on the same account, the same person might play alot different from one session to another

i use hm2 and just double click someones name to see the stas for that session only