T

taifan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hy all.

My litlle story :

l meet an user BillyBoy on a table and speaking whith him he told me he have in bank almost 700 mil chips. l request him 100 mil and he sayme if l pay him 25 $ will give me. l transfer him the money whith paypal and suprise.. he disappeard.

Conclusion: l`m stupid !!!

Last edited:
horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
readImage

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
scamming play money players, what is this world coming to

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is basic question, what is the point paying anything for play money?
Like other guy, who bought play money at FTP and asked how he can trade them back to real money.

T

taifan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Whith 1000 play chips is hard to get milions chips and for that reason l try to buy something cheap. Now l´m whithout money and play chips...:(

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Whith 1000 play chips is hard to get milions chips and for that reason l try to buy something cheap. Now l´m whithout money and play chips...:(

As soon as you run out of play chips site gives you more, couple thousand, if memory serves, you blow that, they reload you. Your wasting your time anyway, so stakes you are playing for is irrevelant. :thrasher:

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just my opinion, but you seem like a good guy who has no clue regarding trusting anyone. Don't ever give anyone a cent unless they deliver there promise first. You got had my friend and i hope you have learned your lesson

Sorry,
Bigjay

Staneff

Staneff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time I try to say something cool about your loss it comes offencive so ... yeaa that's something you should never do. I stole it from somewhere and dont remember where from, but: "Trust everyone but always cut the deck". I hope this can be related to your ... loss .... somehow... sry..

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really understand why people buy play cheaps but thats just me

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Hy all.

My litlle story :

l meet an user BillyBoy on a table and speaking whith him he told me he have in bank almost 700 mil chips. l request him 100 mil and he sayme if l pay him 25 $ will give me. l transfer him the money whith paypal and suprise.. he disappeard.

Conclusion: l`m stupid !!!

Temp

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The poker world is full of such characters.
The good news is, it was only $25, could been more!
And always let them send first, if they approach you first.
I am sure you are back in business again (freerolls etc.), good luck!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Why not forget about playchips & instead take another $25 & deposit it onto a site & start playing for real money (even if it's the smallest stakes/buyins).

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I just noticed this was with paypal, they have a up to $20000.00 dispute resolution system, report it to them and say you didn't receive your product, just make sure you don't mention it was for gambling.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just noticed this was with paypal, they have a up to $20000.00 dispute resolution system, report it to them and say you didn't receive your product, just make sure you don't mention it was for gambling.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it technically is gambling as there is no money involved. It's just a card game so could be comparable to buying coins for a FIFA game or something similar.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I definitely would not do this.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it technically is gambling as there is no money involved. It's just a card game so could be comparable to buying coins for a FIFA game or something similar.

You are correct but I doubt very seriously paypal would see it that way - definitely not worth the risk.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I definitely would not do this.

I've had to use their dispute system a few times for products not received and for products significantly different from what was described and was never asked a question about it and had my money returned, but knowing your background I yield to your expertise.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've had to use their dispute system a few times for products not received and for products significantly different from what was described and was never asked a question about it and had my money returned, but knowing your background I yield to your expertise.

Yea - but he is trying to get money back from a deadbeat gambling scammer - bit of a trust issue there already.

IM deusXmachina

IM deusXmachina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea - but he is trying to get money back from a deadbeat gambling scammer - bit of a trust issue there already.

In this case dakota it may benefit paypal to know that this deadbeat is in their system, and scamming other paypal customers. If no.one ever reports him than he could conceivably go onscamming others indefinitely.
Really he is trying to get the money back from paypal, and leaving it up tp them.to polce their system, with the checks and balances they already have in place.
Since their could be no financial gain to Tai from the play money, ie not gambling in my opinion, than he may have a legit dispute.
Just some thoughts to kick around.
GL

:2h4:

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have had great success with PayPal dispute resolution. If not resolved, the seller will really have to jump through some hoops to keep his account. Even for small purchases the account could be froze until it is resolved.

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im just lost as to why you would pay $25 for playchips instead of making a deposit and playing real $. Ya live and you learn I guess.
Hopefully with your next $25 a bit of Karma swings your way instead.
Unless that was the Karma that was returning back to you.
Hope u get ur money back somehow...

jtholdm

jtholdm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chipos

Just take it as a loss and be thankful it was not more Pay pal can also track the transaction and maybe they can credit you. I don't do play chips but I have herd of people selling them, Never trust any one on line especially in poker. You have to remember these are not your friends even though it might seem like it. I am glad it was just a lil bit you could have been taken for more

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're going to give somebody $25 for play chips, why not put $25 into a real site and start playing some low buy-in tourneys?

Poker Chips - History of Chips