Is this the right play?

C

crabby4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So the other day, preflop, 4 people called a straddle bet. Then the 5th person shoved all in. I was on the little blind pre flop with 9 9. And was faced with an ALL IN call WITH four other people behind. Two of whom are quite aggressive. So i decided to fold. Only one guy called. One showed AK and the other showed AJ. flop came J 3 4. Then a 9 hit... and then a king. So was my pre flop laydown correct even though i would've won?

Also, in another hand, i called a raise pre flop with Q J diamond suited. Then right after, the guy next to me accidentally flips over a diamond destroying one of my outs. The flop comes 8 9 3 with two diamonds. So i have an inside straight draw and a flush draw. However the pot was like 55 dollars and the guy strongly bet like 60 straight out, which was like 1/4 of my stack. And figuring how one of my outs was gone and that my opponent was a tight player, i folded. It turned out the diamond came on the river.

So were both these 'correct' plays or should i have called both times??

M

marlydog1812

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the 9 lay down was good regardless of the result of that hand. I know its hard to lay down, but with potential multiple callers u have a more then better chance getting crushed.

On the last one hard to say, was this a cash game or tourny?

C

crabby4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Forgott to clarify that. It was a cash game

BrentD22

BrentD22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kind of impossible to give good advice in either spot unless I know stk sizes of villains and u.

essambb

essambb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you did the right desigion on both hands bro there must be two element that effect you in this kind desigin
how much you willing to gambel and the stack size ratio to your bankroll
you should know it propley a little less than a coin flip on the flush draw 70 % 30%
and on the 99 if you called you have to think if any one of the other players was slow playing a big hand waiting to some one to do such a move
i would called and the guy with AJ propley would call too and we would see a flop then we have a desion on our hands
and remenber that poker is a game of skill but we all have to gamble some time

C

crabby4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea i suppose. Also, this is probably very important, i forgot to mention that on the hand where i was drawing the nut flush, the board paired on the turn and the guy was talking funny saying stuff like, "oh man that ace probably hit you." So it is VERY likely he had a fullhouse considering how strong he bet despite saying that