Regret making stt deal.

tusabes

tusabes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So the other day I'm multitabling 6 9man turbo games and I'm heads up on one of them. He asks me to make a deal. I'd never done this on FTP. I thought it sounded kind of fun. We were close to even. I agreed and clicked the button. The proposition page came up and (geesh) it was confusing! It was stressful trying to look at the offer, play my other games, and make the decision. I didn't realize that I'd have a clock on me while looking at the deal and the guy is chatting telling me to hurry up before we go back to the game (lol). I just excepted it and got like $21.

The most annoying part is I had to make another column on my sng spreadsheet just for this one thing. And what place did I get...1.68th?

I probably won't be making anymore deals in stt anymore.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a good idea sometimes - enables you to focus on your other tables.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
yah, there's a clock running.. gives you ~15mins. for MTT deals (not sure how long for STT.. but probably LONG).

tusabes

tusabes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well...I guess I created my own stress here. That's neat.

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a good story about a similar situation...

I was heads up up with an Albanian who spoke fairly good English. I was ahead about 60/40 in a $10 SNG when he asked for a deal, except he wanted 3 more dollars than what was offered to him. I declined, And I ended up beating him in the end.

I guess the point is that if you feel that you have an edge over heads up opposition that asks for a deal, then you should just go for the 1st place prize.

The victory feels alot sweeter.

Last edited: