Recurring card combinations in flop...????

coyotegal

coyotegal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok... this probably sounds a little nutty (or not..lol) But for some reason, I seem to notice certain card combinations showing up together at the flop and it seems like more often than other combinations.
Also, it seems like when these combinations occour, they seem to often pay whoever might be holding the same....

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so, what combinations they are noticing...(Ya, this does sound a little nutty, but what the heck???)

So, here are mine...and now that I think about it, i havent noticed if they are suited more often or not.. just the numbers together are what I notice alot..

Q4

K7

Just wondering...lol :eek:

Last edited:
Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The hands you auto fold are irrelevant, so why worry?
If you are playing any of these, then you are right, your nutty. :)

coyotegal

coyotegal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No... it's not about playin them.... it's just that I notice they show up together on the flop alot and seem to reward those who do play them.

What I'm wondering is if other people notice card combinations that seem to show up more often than not....lol and I don't play them, but there are alot of people who do...Also, I rarely autofold anymore... unless I'm sitting out. I like to keep my options open depending on my position, the flop, the players.. etc etc...... Thanks for the input!

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep sevens are hot tonight!

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just that you are "on the lookout" for certain combinations now, so you remember them more vividly when you see them than all the times you don't. Kind-of like when you buy a car (well for me anyway), you suddenly start seeing them everywhere, when before you didn't notice them at all.

Also there is a thread here.....:D . It's derisively called the "rigtard" thread, but is actually labelled the Rigged Megathread or something like that..... Come-on in the water's fine.......:D .

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're wondering, it's one of WVH's favorite hang-outs.:D

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's weird how these combinations always pay people who are holding the same... Hmm... I think you're onto something!

Karkus77

Karkus77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i always shove when i get Q4, its the bestest hand

S

spstevens

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I notice certain card combinations that repeat fairly often on any given night but thats just happenstance. The human mind is amazingly adept at noticing patterns both short and long term. Early on when I started playing I even let it cost me some money - then I picked up on my losing pattern of playing poor cards because they "were sure to hit" I fiixed that leak just need to fix the myriads of others now.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The human mind is amazingly adept at noticing patterns both short and long term.

It's also amazingly adept at seeing "patterns" where none exist. Not being a smart-ass, just a true fact. Human mind IS adept at seeing patterns, but also actually does percieve patterns where there are none.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Human mind IS adept at seeing patterns, but also actually does perceive patterns where there are none.

My advice?

Read the quote above three times, rinse, repeat.

Take three aspirins then read it again in the morning

(SP correction just my way of saying thanks...lol)

coyotegal

coyotegal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fine..lol I quess it WAS a dumb question.....better go play some more poker!

Last edited:
Karkus77

Karkus77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easy way to test it, just pick a random card combination of your choice, keep it in mind when playing and you will be surprised how often it comes up or how often it "wins"

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you use a tracker? Do you save your HH to your HD? Cause even if you dont have a tracker, someone you know may, and thats how you can find out for sure.

I have looked at a bunch of stuff in mine, and as far as my HH are concerned, there is nothing weird at all.

Except maybe the way I play sometimes......