Real Dealers

M

mackie777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am doing some research to find out what online poker players are looking for?

What don't you like about your current online poker site?
Would you play online poker on a site that had real cards and real dealers by way of video?
Would you be interested in being able to talk to the dealer by the use of audio? What about other players?
Would you use your web cam so other players could see you?
Are you loyal to the site you play on right now? How could another company encourage you to try out their site?
Would you be interested in being able to reserve a private table to organize a private game with your friends or poker buddies?
What is your gender?
What country are you from?

Thanks for helping I greatly appreciate it!

wrung24

wrung24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Not much
2. Lol
3. see 2
4. depends on the time of day
5. not really, free booze that would come out of the cd drive and live strip webcam shows
6. why not
7. male
8. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^

MrEwubbsZ

MrEwubbsZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldnt play at a site that has that real cards and real dealers

Peteyweestro

Peteyweestro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think i would play a site with live dealer and cards, it just seems like i would go to my local card room for that " live" experience, nah mean ? Besides one of the good things about online version is how many hands can be played in an hour with a live dealer you would be cutting it in half at least

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they have something like this ....is called real deal poker.com

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

What is the purpose of your research?

N/A

Would you play online poker on a site that had real cards and real dealers by way of video?

No, that would be way too distracting. If I want to play with real cards and real dealers I play live.

Would you be interested in being able to talk to the dealer by the use of audio? What about other players?

See above

Lord no--that would mean I've have to get dressed. ;)

Are you loyal to the site you play on right now?

Pretty much. I've tried many sites over the years and play the ones that suit my needs.

How could another company encourage you to try out their site?

I could get outrageous here but won't.

Would you be interested in being able to reserve a private table to organize a private game with your friends or poker buddies?

pokerstars has this in place (two different ways), as does Full Tilt.

What is your gender?

Female

Assuming that you mean where respondents live, the US

You're welcome. And I will appreciate hearing about the purpose of this research. :)

T

thejuanupsman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

More variety in the large field MTTs offered at the micros. It's hard to find large field games that aren't hold em.

Lately they have been employing a lot of gimmicky tournament structures...Rush, On Demand, Multi entry...I think it's all pretty much crap. And in the long run I think it will be detrimental to the site.

Nope, too slow and completely unneccessarry.

No. I get more than enough socializing from chat.

No, I see no reason to be cruel to other players.

Are you loyal to the site you play on right now? How could another company encourage you to try out their site?

I wouldn't say loyal as much as satisfied. They don't offer me everything I want but they come closer than anyone else. Plus I win there more than anywhere else, including live. I can't say why but I suspect comfort is a big part.

Not really. I'm not the type to organize social events. I'd probably play at them if invited and it was a game I enjoy though.

What is your gender?
Male

The U.S.

No problem. I hope my responses were helpful.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What don't you like about your current online poker site? No real complaints

Would you play online poker on a site that had real cards and real dealers by way of video? Hell no, that's a horrible idea. It'd be way slow which would kill one of the biggest advantages of playing online in the first place. I've gotta assume it would cost more in rake to play as well because live dealers cost more than computers... unless the site owners are doing this because they hate money in which case LOL. Plus live dealers (I'm one myself, so I can say this with authority) are prone to making mistakes. We live with it playing live because there's no other choice but cutting out misdeals is another one of the great things about playing online. Lastly I'm not a rigtard so I don't believe for a second that a live dealer will give me less bad beats.

Would you be interested in being able to talk to the dealer by the use of audio? What about other players? Again, no. Unless they're making mistakes there shouldn't be any reason to talk to the dealer and I rarely talk to other players at the table online either - I can imagine a feature like that being a spectacular mess for people who multi-table BTW.

Would you use your web cam so other players could see you? Um... no. Why would I want the other players to be able to see me? Another one of the great things about online poker is there are no tells, letting other people see me would just reintroduce them. Plus I wouldn't be able to play in my underwear anymore and even if I did use the feature properly what's to say the other players would? I might just be giving away information and not getting anything back in return.

Are you loyal to the site you play on right now? How could another company encourage you to try out their site? Fairly loyal, yeah. To play somewhere else I'd want another site to have good fundamentals - easy deposit and withdrawl, large player pool, preferably lower rake than I'm paying now or good rakeback deals. Stupid bells and whistles like the ones discussed above don't interest me.

Would you be interested in being able to reserve a private table to organize a private game with your friends or poker buddies? Not really.

What is your gender? What country are you from? Male / Australia.

I think the biggest problem is the product you're talking about developing (if I'm reading between the lines correctly - actually I'm assuming this is an assignment for some kind of marketing or business management course, amirite?) already exists and it's called *drumroll* a live poker room. People that want real cards with real dealers and real human interaction can play in them already. People play online for convenince, anonymity and the fast, mistake-free nature of the game.

M

MercenariodelSol

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

High Volume of activity.

I actually think this is a good idea. People seem not to understand that the market has its range, we will have and already have many different type of markets within the poker community.Online Poker is so young, this is the reason we just have limited variety, and still we have evolved from only HORSE games to new formats and structures. People just get bored of doing the same thing over and over again. Everything evolves, poker has existed for more than a hundred of years now and the games has also evolved immensely. Hold Em was not the favorite game back in the day. Things change, people like variety and Live Dealing is just something that will happen in the future.

I like it, and it will eventually happen. I dont say it will be mainstream but there will be a market share for this.

I would if that's the format for the table

Good volume, reputation for being honest. Fast cash outs and promotions.

I dont care about this one and already exists within PS and FT. HomeGames!

What is your gender?

Male

Good luck with your project.

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What don't you like about your current online poker site? Which one and not much.

Would you play online poker on a site that had real cards and real dealers by way of video? Not even to try it for 1 hand.

Would you be interested in being able to talk to the dealer by the use of audio? What about other players? Nope

Would you use your web cam so other players could see you? What webcam?

Are you loyal to the site you play on right now? How could another company encourage you to try out their site? Loyal no. As much traffic as PS/FT, less rake, bigger bonuses, more rakeback, better software, so basically nothing thats possible.

Would you be interested in being able to reserve a private table to organize a private game with your friends or poker buddies? On FT or PS yes, on a live video dealer site no.

What is your gender? Male

What country are you from? US

FLyby

FLyby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First I would like to say thank you for giving me a good laugh this morning, it really helped me get going and for that I am very much appreciative. Ok now that that is out of the way, playing poker via videoed live cards and dealers??????? There is no way in hell that I would do that. It would be so slow. Online poker is so much faster then live it makes it hard to go back and actually play live let alone a live over the internet.