Razz Donkey

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone called me a donkey in a Razz freeroll at FT tonight. Now I am learning razz and probably deserved the title. But I have only a clue as to a decent hand so what is a donk in razz.:confused:

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The recipient of a bad loser, no matter what the game is.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're learning any new game, screw them. If they want to give you constructive criticism that's different. There's posts on CC to help you learn it. FWIW I got called a donk in hold em tonight because I pushed with an open ended straight draw/flush draw to his K 8 offsuit. Screw them.

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How sweet that looks! I folded this hand and it started my SUPER TILT...lol DONKEYS!

Didnt even cash in that tourney! what a shame...about 40 places out of the money...lol

Attachments

• Razzholes.jpg
    Razzholes.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 74
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably someone who regularly calls completions with paint showing on third street or who calls down with rough tens and nines against solid players.

In a freeroll, however, I suspect it's just someone bitching that you outdrew them.

isaac

isaac

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
me being a razz player, i can probably tell you something or two about the game.

A razz donkey might be someone who constantly calls 4th street with 9 high or worse (known as a calling station) As well some people consider people razz "donkies" if they call while showing two face cards.

A good rule when you are playing razz is to only call to fourth street with 8 low or better, as otherwise people will start ahead of you and you will have to catch up.

By starting with a better hand, you are forcing your opponent to try to catch up to your hand, and you are at a much greater advantage.

Anyways, good luck, I hope i helped a little bit.

But, pehaps you were just lucky and outdrew them, which makes certain decent razz players mad and they called you out.

-Isaac

S

santa fe slim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the definition of a razz donkey?.....
It doesn't matter.
Someone is just being rude because they have a sense of entitlement that they should win every hand. There are more and more players like that these days. Don't let them throw you off your game.
For these types of players, ignorance is bliss....as in ignore them.

S

sportserh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a donk in razz is someone who calls or raises horrible hands such as king high, queen high, jack high etc. As a general rule a bad hand is one that is about ten high.

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:eek:
What is the definition of a razz donkey?.....
It doesn't matter.
Someone is just being rude because they have a sense of entitlement that they should win every hand. There are more and more players like that these days. Don't let them throw you off your game.
For these types of players, ignorance is bliss....as in ignore them.

O0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o:D
(Mute)

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How sweet that looks! I folded this hand and it started my SUPER TILT...lol DONKEYS!

Didnt even cash in that tourney! what a shame...about 40 places out of the money...lol

Thats a right bugger... Really wish it was limit stud for you lol

P

Piranha 131

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just started playing Razz too. So far I like it very much. I play by 2 rules: 1) Only bet if my starting 3 cards are 9 and lower (no pairs) and (2) Fold if I get 2 face cards on 4th-7th street. It seems to work pretty well for me. GL on the felts

Poke_Her_Face

Poke_Her_Face

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Razz is usually a more "luck-based" game than any other. Really the only strategy involved is maybe trying to slow play a monster, but then villians can just draw out against you. Razz is a fun bingo game but I wouldn't play it for $

isaac

isaac

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Razz is usually a more "luck-based" game than any other. Really the only strategy involved is maybe trying to slow play a monster, but then villians can just draw out against you. Razz is a fun bingo game but I wouldn't play it for $

I totally disagree. I do not think that just because razz is a draw game does not mean it is luck based. Let us break it down

1. in texas Hold em a player is dealt two cards and tries to make the best five card hand possible

2. five community cards are dealt which everyone may use

The community cards can be considered drawing, as in razz or stud games.

However the most money is usually but into pots of razz, because people are drawing for the lowest hand, not pairs or full houses, the opposite of most games.
So, most new players at razz think it is stud, but it is NOT A BINGO GAME.

Proffesional razz players such as Mandy B, know how to play razz, as do I. Please do not insult the integrity of the game,

thanks,

Isaac

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can actually raise, bluff, play position, slowplay, freewheel and other jiffy stuff. You really should know how to play stud before you play, because, as in stud, you need to know what has been folded, so you don't draw to a dead card. Another simple rule is: if the table shows cards you need this is bad; if the table shows cards you already have, this is good. You also need to understand that bricks fall in all directions, so don't assume you are beaten just by what falls on your board. It is not a game of luck, unless you consider luck to be preparation to win.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Someone called me a donkey in a Razz freeroll at FT tonight. Now I am learning razz and probably deserved the title. But I have only a clue as to a decent hand so what is a donk in razz.:confused:

Interesting the guys that spazz pout and call me donk are just after I've mowed down their stack.

Razz is a highly skillful game whereby when you know your ahead you go hard and when you realize your opponent is in front you check and fold to a bet as early as feasible.

I find compared to NLHE, winning at razz is more steady and the variance easier to overcome.

Played with patience and skill, you eventually will win. :jd4:

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont let them get to you.

They proberly cant count anyway.