Question for poker-tracker

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, just a quick question I can't seem to find the answer on their website.

I need to format my PC which means reinstalling PT. The problem is, I delete all my hand histories and obviously just kept the files in the processed section of the PT folder. Will these work the same if I back them up and transfer them back into processed HH when I reinstall PT on my pc?

B

bigjoker66

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have all your hands in the raw format in the processed section, just put those on a USB or CD and put them in a new dir on your re-formated pc and tell PT to process them. The will get moved to the processed folder and imported to your new database.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have all your hands in the raw format in the processed section, just put those on a USB or CD and put them in a new dir on your re-formated pc and tell PT to process them. The will get moved to the processed folder and imported to your new database.

Nope that's what I mean. I would import my hand histories from PS and then delete the hand history from pokerstars to save clogging up the folder and to know where I am at. I only have "processed" HH on my PT file...They are just files in the processed folder. I'm wondering if I back them up on a USB stick and then once I've formatted my pc to just put them back in the processed folder or will it not work the same?

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
email support at pt they r usually pretty good :eek:

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The processed HHs will work fine but you'll have to manually reimport them (just copying the files back to you processed folder won't do it). You might want to just do an export of all your HHs to create 1 file (if you zip it it will shrink to about 10% of the raw exported file size). After you reinstall you can then just manually import from that file. If you have a custom HUD you should probably also back that up.

B

bigjoker66

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope that's what I mean. I would import my hand histories from PS and then delete the hand history from pokerstars to save clogging up the folder and to know where I am at. I only have "processed" HH on my PT file...They are just files in the processed folder. I'm wondering if I back them up on a USB stick and then once I've formatted my pc to just put them back in the processed folder or will it not work the same?

The files in the processed dir are the raw files.

Like I said just put them in a new dir on your desktop or something and point PT3 at that dir and it should move them to your processed dir as it imports them. This will take a while depending on the speed of your HD.

I have never tried exporting hands and importing like WVhillbilly suggests, but that is probably a quicker way to do it.

Last edited:
Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide