Question about WSOP

M

markwcollins1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I notice a lot of players wearing different poker sites hats, shirts, etc. at wsop events. I was wondering if there are reps from the sites handing this stuff out or are these people paid to wear the gear or what. I'm playing in an event this year and was curious how all these people come by this stuff. I apologize if this has been mentioned before but I just joined today.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if u wear a shirt that says "VANQUISH IS GOD" i'll give u $20

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players that win their buy-in from a site will usually have some sort of req to wear that sites logo in order to get the extra money for the travel and hotel. Also at the WSOP there are a number of outfits running around trying to sign up players to deals just in case they get on a TV table. I don't know what these specific deals are like, just know that they exist. If you are playing in the WSOP and get seated at a TV table and don't have any logos, you will probably get a few offers.

M

markwcollins1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for that reply.

S

steortex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure everyone has like a big tent and greeting area? I got an email the other day from Absolute saying they would give you a 1000 to wear there shit and up t0 1 million if you made it to Nov final table. Im sure you have to sign shit so you cant swithc part way through..

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure everyone has like a big tent and greeting area? I got an email the other day from Absolute saying they would give you a 1000 to wear there shit and up t0 1 million if you made it to Nov final table. Im sure you have to sign shit so you cant swithc part way through..

Absolute and UB have been doing that for a couple years, but just make sure to read into all of the fine print if you're going to try to get in on any of the swag deals.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep in mind that the sites only really get value out of you wearing their gear if lots of people see you wearing it. That means it's hard to get paid to wear a logo unless you get onto a televised table and if they follow last year's lead they'll only televise the Main Event and the $50K final table.

If you're just playing regular donkaments I wouldn't be too concerned with it, chances are you're not going to get paid.

P

postflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if u're in the ME, and are lucky enough to get onto a TV table, sites will offer you deals that pays u every hour u are at the table, couple of hundred to a thousand.

just stick a badge, a cap on your head and that's easy money.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
btw do they force you to do interviews if you play in the WSOP?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha so if ur like super racist or something they won't televise you?

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I notice a lot of players wearing different poker sites hats, shirts, etc. at WSOP events. I was wondering if there are reps from the sites handing this stuff out or are these people paid to wear the gear or what. I'm playing in an event this year and was curious how all these people come by this stuff. I apologize if this has been mentioned before but I just joined today.

Yes there are agents that roam the floor for the poker sites around Day 6. What has happened the last few years is that the sites sign their guys for a contract that runs through the end of the WSOP ME in November. So, you'll see either a FTP dude or a PS dude and you sign with either one. I am not aware of what the deals are exactly. There are also private agents who some players will sign with so that they can get other deals like commercials, endorsements or personal appearances.

J

jessica30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think they are been paid to wear those. I know some sites are giving freebies and its up to the players to wear those.

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif