Purchasing / Running A Poker Room.

duceswild

duceswild

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just read on a website that you are able to get a branded skin of your own from what I am assuming to be the iPoker Network and make 30-35% of the rake by your players and its free... For no charges to yourself and your able to run a poker room shouldnt this website be flodded with people. The only thing about this that you can not make your own tournaments you get all the tournaments currently running on the iPoker network including all the freerolls which are usually pretty full.

What does it cost to create a poker room from scratch? Has anyone ever looked into this.

LetsGetItOn

LetsGetItOn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm that's interesting can you give me a link to this i'd like to check it out. The reason probably is whats the use if you can't get players to come ? The market is saturated so bad right now it's getting harder and harder to get an empty site up and running.

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
I highly, highly, highly, doubt it's free. The cost of running a poker room and/or licensing the software alone costs in the millions... not just that - but the fact is there are god knows how many thousands of poker sites out there and unless you have tens of millions to spend on promotion - you don't stand much chance of succeeding.