Protect eyes after playing poker?

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think played too many poker tables on PC screen now...

my eyes hurts....

Any ideas about how to protect eyes during and after playing on line!

For me, I got a sun glasses and wear it during the game...
after game...eating carrots for Vitamin A???:p

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is something my wife explained to me, that me staying up till 4 am playing poker freerolls and then getting up for work in the morning is not good for the eyes or health long term.

I think try to balance it out and play fewer tables if necessary.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
google f.lux for some free software that will make your monitor take it easy on your eyes.

M

Madness_does

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I noticed that too, my eyes and back and legs get sore after sitting for so long, thats why I dont play those 4000 player free rolls anymore, screw that, sit there for 6 hours for a measly dollar if you get lucky enough to place.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have noticed the same thing. Any good remedies would be welcomed.

Rappyness

Rappyness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol of course its not just playing poker. Its using your pc in general. Thats why you take breaks! :)

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u might want to check out gunnar glasses. I use them daily and they are for computer people who look at computer screens 18 hours a day. they help in reduce alot of issues and u might want to try to give them a try. They are very costly about 100$ but it worth the money.
http://www.gunnars.com/
i have 2 pair one for work(IT job) and one for home ( poker)

needaGF

needaGF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's also an issue in my mind. I am a CS student and my eyes get little rest everyday. That's bad.

TheKid84

TheKid84

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always have the TV on and fan between playing the tables and whatever is on TV... After a couple of hours it sometimes makes me feel sick and I have to take a break... hate it

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe a week. After that you'll HATE to be without it.
i tried it too after reading this post but what if i want to tAKE IT OFF? does it run automatically all the time?

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey this f.lux thingy might be interesting. im liking it. and the fact that it changes itself. really cool stuff man. thnks.

S

smidjet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i complained to my dad about this 1 time who mostly plays live and what he suggested was to get a life. he cautioned me that our past time is very addicting and if i am not careful i would wake up 1 morning and be 50 and never have done anything but play olp. i dont always listen but this was so true i had to take a step back and have since been putting in shorter sessions and guess what , my eyes dont hurt no more

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
u might want to check out gunnar glasses. I use them daily and they are for computer people who look at computer screens 18 hours a day. they help in reduce alot of issues and u might want to try to give them a try. They are very costly about 100$ but it worth the money.

thank do a lot help....
is there any guarantee time for these type of glasses? - eg, need to change every three years something like that?[ since it protects .... radiation from screen?:confused:]

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank do a lot help....
is there any guarantee time for these type of glasses? - eg, need to change every three years something like that?[ since it protects .... radiation from screen?:confused:]

yes they do help me alot, I am less tired by end of the day, and able to keep looking at the computer for longer period of time. I dont think u have to change glasses every 3 years, Im on year 3 now with my one pair and they still work even with today monitors. So I would think about going to a local best buy and testing them out from their.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember that pokerstars had in their vip store glasses like that, don't know if still have it. It's good, because after a couple of hours in front of computer, my eyes are very dry.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I seem to remember seeing something recently, somewhere, at some time or another, about how looking at your computer monitor for extended periods of may tend to dry your eyes out. So artificial tears would seem to be a simple solution. However, I am very interested in this f.lux mentioned above. Also I find that sitting in a dark room looking at a bright display tends to give me a headache that feels like someone jamming their thumbs into my eyeballs. But I'm prone to headaches anyway, so that may just be me. Just something else to take into consideration, though.

aero87

aero87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lighter room, monitor not on full brightness. Don't sit so close to the monitor. Frequent breaks.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been giving this a go last few days. How long did it take u to get used to it?

took me about 2 mins and i can barely use a PC without it now! see how you react to taking it off in a weeks time :)

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK cheers. Will stick with it for at least a week then and see if it stops bugging me.
i used Flux software three days, and it is very good, helps a lot , especially at nights... how to say, let eyes relax.

Indian Givah

Indian Givah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
polarized oakley sunglasses helps. i read this thread earlier today and started feeling strained, threw on my sunglasses and not even 10 minutes later it was letting up.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just in case anyone is interested in trying these they are on sale at Woot at the moment. http://www.woot.com/plus/gunnar-optiks-4