Pokerface

G

Gambit11th

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They say that once you seat at a table you can be anyone you want. The clown, drunk, serious, friendly etc... do you act different when you play poker or you stick to your personality? ??

S

SnowedIn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really. Don't understand why some people try to be really serious when they are not involved in hands. Be friendly, get to know other players at the table.

K

kisintin01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well no. is the same as in life. just do not show emotions before opening.) Why pose as a clown? Be yourself - the main rule of the person)))

G

Gambit11th

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well no. is the same as in life. just do not show emotions before opening.) Why pose as a clown? Be yourself - the main rule of the person)))

Clown well let's just say I hate to play against them...why cuz they're annoying. They usually run your patience shorter, and one can make the mistake of focusing on getting them out forgetting that other player's are playing as well.

xastaria

xastaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every situation is different some times you must be friendly and some other times must be unreachable....my opinion is to be yourself without being tilt!!!!!!

C

chloebrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing that you have to realize, is that most players do not care about you, they just want to take your stacks. So if someone is being overly annoying, that is probably their style of play. I have a friend that plays this way, and does very well at the tables, but isn't worth a fart playing online. He is the nicest person in the world, but his entire persona changes the instant we are around poker players. That is just the style he developed somewhere down the line. He doesn't just take jabs at one person, he will mess with the entire table until he knows who his marks are. It is pretty entertaining to watch. I think what I am trying to say is, don't take someone's obnoxious behavior personally, that's what they want. Instead of sinking down to his level and bump heads with him, find ways to diffuse that individual. If you pay attention to what he is doing, and not how he is doing it, it is pretty simple to put someone like that together, and take his stacks.

Space Ghost

Space Ghost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm quiet at the tables.

I just stay quiet and observe. If someone says something to me, I'll talk back but I don't go out of my way to shoot the breeze with anyone or make any sort of small talk.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be yourself, if that is a clown then dress up like a clown lol. Just have fun and don't worry about what others think. I usually wear a hood and sometimes headphones to listen to music if the table is boring. Some people think they have to go the extreme to have a good poker face but, most people cant get reads off you if you just act normal.

CSVidal

CSVidal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker for me is a game of patience equal seriousness and chess. Then the more serious and quiet me port possible always watching everything that happens around me. è that the poker face !!!

almanik

almanik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never played in real tables with real people. Hope sometimes I will. Hope my face will be not like open book. I can't do pokerface. ((

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i start acting like someone who i am not and try to play poker at the same time then i am not fully focused on poker. So there is a good chance that i will miss out on some information that might be useful later on.

While playing we also need to be observational about every single player at our table and build their profile in our mind (playing profile/style), which does not mean one has got to stop talking or doing any other kinds of stuff that one wants. Whatever makes people comfortable. Only we know what's best for ourselves.:)

black686

black686

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Important Would have to know to make your game very much depends on the condition that you really can have a very difficult day I do not think it has any connection avatar that you have at the poker table online . I do not consider that drawing laughs or do not know what he can seek attention and upset reason you do not focus properly .

C

capara20

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They say that once you seat at a table you can be anyone you want. The clown, drunk, serious, friendly etc... do you act different when you play poker or you stick to your personality? ??

I would not try to be any figure, just to be mysterious and let others try figure me out

J

julitocaiu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only leave the face without expression

akyurukov

akyurukov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to be very good actor to show some faces or make some actions that will enduce the opponent to do whatever you want in different situations while playing live.. :)

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just wear a baseball cap low on my head just above my eyes.Be friendly when I'm spoken to,but I hardly ever talk when playing live.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
loud drunk and annoying
my usually self,
tilts people who arent even playing lol

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nO, I'D like to stay thar, who I am, but sometimes I act hat I have bad or good , what is usefull for my game.

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live play im just myself if i feel i need to speak i will speak. One thing i do though if a person is rude to me at the table i will straight tell them about it and if it doesnt stop i will get up and leave unless im in a tourney then i will express the consequences to there action. At that point i have drawn a line and if that line is crossed i have already excepted anything that could happen to myself and really dont give a chet. But all in all im quiet and respectfull to all as one should be in public.

A

Ace362

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on the table and the room. I would say overall I am probably much more quiet and serious since that is how I concentrate best.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never used the feature of grimaces. But if someone irritates me, I was just with him swear. When meeting a friend at the table, I can talk or just say hello.

bad_kabal

bad_kabal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I think it's time that you play need not be so serious has player who is a statue staring into nothing so hoping you play now think that poker and good for you stop and think about life before you do anything but that and funny professionals who are serious and still do horrible thrown know we need to study the players but need not be that not a statue staring into nothing

I

insidious96

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case when I sit down at the table I become more serious, I try to have patience and be confident that I can win.

skull89

skull89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm always friendly, and I don't see any problem. Even when I lose some big pots I usually can handle it very friendly. But depends of the vilains personality too.