Poker and Wine

G

Game_Gran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you ever seen a poker player drinking wine at a poker table? If you have it was probably from a jug! Recreational poker players though and recreational wine enthusiasts may have a lot in common.

http://tinyurl.com/k66hvqz

Crash0veride

Crash0veride

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol I play poker online and drink a glass or two of wine when I'm playing. Would never play drunk as I'm sure I would lose my whole bankroll, but having a glass as I play helps keep me steady and relaxed as I play. Plus it taste so gooood :p

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a glass of wine as a regular part of my live play. It helps my tight image.

JPoling

JPoling

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Took down a MTT for $129 wasted off my ass lol. Then very next night same tourney sober took 7th

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol, i always have a few beverages when i play. Probably the reason i can never keep a decent bankroll. I play mostly for fun or small stakes so I don't exactly get stressed out. If I was trying to make $$$ to pay bills, I wouldn't indulge too much. Tends to make me careless at the tables

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dont think its a ped(performance enhancing drug) by any means, i dont think it helps other than with boredom

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seen some of the pros on the private games televised drink wine. Not a fan of drinking and playing but I sure don't mind others doing it.

Jull30

Jull30

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol and poker isn't compatible

S

Superman2102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play poker online and drink wine all the time haha!

F

floweryhead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just watched the pokerstars PCA last week and some bloke got a penalty of sitting out of a hand for being abusive. I don't drink and play but have had problems trying to join the local pub games because you feel obliged to drink if you're in a pub and, like has been stated "drink and poker" are not compatible. I had a real hard time of trying to explain to the landlady why she had a full pub yet no-one was drinking

P

paulox732

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wine and quality Beer

when i play i like to drink a good wine or a very good beer, booth are amazing.

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i drink on the most part every day oh i will take a week or two off every couple of months. yes i drink beer,wine or strong spirits when i play whether it has anything to do with my game it doesnt matter i have goals that i set before i sit down whether it be live or online. once any of my goals are met im out of there. oh and its a wide variety of goals. note proper br management and game plan is first and foremost in my game. oh dont get me wrong i dont get chitfaced at the table or anywhere else in public which would be detrimental to my freedom or safety. oh and on occasion i have incorporated it in my live game to look really out there and turn around and take a persons stack (target) that will think there taking advantage of me. oh nothing like getting stacked by a drunk huh lmao.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO its good to stay sober while playing poker cause you need your mind to be at it best whilst making the decision on the felt.

G

Game_Gran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks

Thanks for all the interesting replies. Nice to see that others share my passion for the two things I love in life most of all - poker and wine.

07keith

07keith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets play Poker

Have you ever seen a poker player drinking wine at a poker table? If you have it was probably from a jug! Recreational poker players though and recreational wine enthusiasts may have a lot in common.

http://tinyurl.com/k66hvqz

i dont think its a good idea to mix drink n poker. I,ve seen bankrolls busted in a night and pcs lol but for some its a way to loosen up and have more confidence in there cards but it leads to been over confident at crucial times which can cost you expensively gl

F

floweryhead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your strategy is implanted enough in you and you have the discipline still whilst you've had a drink then why not play. However, I may just be telling you this hoping that I see you at the felt. I shall never tell one way or the other, LOL

Mylobox

Mylobox

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker and wine is like Wies'n and beer....it belongs together

TomLeach

TomLeach

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just watched the Pokerstars PCA last week and some bloke got a penalty of sitting out of a hand for being abusive. I don't drink and play but have had problems trying to join the local pub games because you feel obliged to drink if you're in a pub and, like has been stated "drink and poker" are not compatible. I had a real hard time of trying to explain to the landlady why she had a full pub yet no-one was drinking

He had to sit out an entire orbit.

IMO its good to stay sober while playing poker cause you need your mind to be at it best whilst making the decision on the felt.

If your strategy is implanted enough in you and you have the discipline still whilst you've had a drink then why not play. However, I may just be telling you this hoping that I see you at the felt. I shall never tell one way or the other, LOL

I think it depends on the amount, but after a certain point youre gonna start giving away tells, not remembering stuff and not being able to play well. Maybe you will still have enough about you to beat the micros, but nothing more imo.

wanderingthehall

wanderingthehall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to have a couple drinks while I play. It gives me a more lucrative table image.

Timbigol

Timbigol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL I play poker online and drink wine all the time XD

A

avjul66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well sometimes when I´m playing online poker in the relax mode I like to mix my favorite things :play poker ; have a good Scotch whiskey and smoke a nice "COHIBA"
THAT´S LIVING THE GOOD LIFE

AWW_DIN

AWW_DIN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel poker and drinking alcohol are plenty compatible . Like many things in life its all about moderation . Having self-restraint with anything in life with help in your poker game anyway

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I drink light ones like beers and pretend Im drunk.

I act like Im so drunk until I will slow play one of the big stacks.

jtholdm

jtholdm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wine

I do not drink hard stuff when playing poker ever it is incredible how it can really set you off into a loose world and loose your BR. I do occasionally have a glass of wine but usually just one I find one glass relaxes me and keeps me calm so I can make better decision I do not feel as rushed either

K

kworm2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wine should make the poker player crazy. he will join too many games and lost the money to us.