mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I just got the following email:

Security Notice Regarding Your PTR Account

Dear Valued PokerTableRatings.com Member,

We have reason to believe that PokerTableRatings.com has been targeted as part of a recent attack on poker websites. For your security we want to bring this matter to your attention. We have addressed the issue and are actively improving security on our servers to prevent future intrusions.

As a result of this malicious activity, user information for a minority of users may have been compromised. No credit card information is at risk as we use Authorize.net, a secure third party payment processor, to handle all of our member's credit card transactions.

ie, make sure the login information you use on these secondary poker sites is different from the login info you use on the poker rooms that are actually holding money in your accounts.

PTR takes your security and privacy very seriously. Although passwords are encrypted, we highly recommend you change your password on your next visit to PokerTableRatings.com. The password can be changed on your "My PTR" page.

We deeply regret this has taken place and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We will continue to work diligently to protect your personal information.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@pokertableratings.com.

Sincerely,
The PTR Team

I guess a lot of sites are getting broken into. Folks, I would strongly suggest you be VERY careful with the login info on your poker accounts that matter.

ie, make sure the login information from these secondary poker sites is different from the login info you use on your actual poker room accounts. If you've been using the same login for everything, first: shame on you. Second, hurry up and change your logins on poker room accounts that are holding any of your funds.

Last edited:
Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good advice-I use a different password for each poker site. Can't be too careful.

B

buster999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just got the same message from cardrunners when i signed up a couple of days ago. Which made me think; it is not smart to give out your email when signing up and then use the same password for the website as your email. which i have done alot.