Poker Survey

K

King of Clubs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, I'm working on an on-line poker software application for my final year project at uni and I would like to ask you a few questions. It is part of my research and I believe your feedback will help me develop something different or new compared to what is out there at the moment, and the results might be interesting for you to see as well. You can answer as many as you want and if there is anything else you'd like to add feel free to do it.
Thank You
All questions are regarding Texas Hold'em No Limit

1) Considering the place you play at the moment, what is the reason you like it? Is it the interface, tournaments, amount of fish...etc

2)Would you prefer software with fancy graphics(e.i.PKR) or something simpler and "cleaner"?

3)Is there anything you don't like and would like to change about the site where you play at the moment and what is it?

4)Do you mind playing against poker bots?

5) Do you prefer playing at large sites (FT, PS..) or smaller ones(unibet, Bet365..) ?

6)Do you prefer large tournaments with smaller buy in or a smaller tournaments with higher buy in?

PS: The results would be better if I can post this in different sub-forums, i.e micro stakes, high stakes..etc . I was afraid it might be considered spamming, so if any admin reads that, let me know if I am allowed to do it.

PS: Since it's a survey, I've cross posted that in other forums. Hope that is ok.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) Considering the place you play at the moment, what is the reason you like it? Is it the interface, tournaments, amount of fish...etc
It is one of the few remaining places I can play.
2)Would you prefer software with fancy graphics(e.i.PKR) or something simpler and "cleaner"?
The cleaner the better. The big 3 had nice clean interfaces with all the info I felt necessary for the site to provide. The remaining US available sites all have terrible interfaces. While they are fast enough, they are not comfortable enough.

3)Is there anything you don't like and would like to change about the site where you play at the moment and what is it?

Merge sites in general, smaller player icons. The screen, at any resolution is cluttered, and feels claustrophobic.

I would if I was sure they were bots. However many players play a robotic game, and in general that is god for me because they are pretty predictable.

5) Do you prefer playing at large sites (FT, PS..) or smaller ones(Unibet, Bet365..) ?

I would prefer the bigger sites, and hope the merge sites get bigger.

6)Do you prefer large tournaments with smaller buy in or a smaller tournaments with higher buy in?

Some times I feel like a nut, some times I don't. I want a good selection. Not happening for me in the US these days.

;)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1 - Interface / availability of games / traffic / rakeback

2 - Simple and clean for the most part. Definitely nothing as convoluted as PKR.

3 - Give me back my US fish please! No major complaints.

4 - That'd depend. I'm not against the idea but if they're being operated by the site I'd want to be certain they didn't have any super-user abilities or collusion programmed in. So it'd take a lot to convince me that they were on the level, but if I was satisfied of that I might give them a go.

5 - Large. Traffic and security FTW.

6 - For the most part I don't like tournaments at all.

essambb

essambb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what i am looking is the poker site that have more crowd that have more choise of games
more choise of seats at tables some times i want to play at 9 seats tables some times i want to play at 6 seats tables depened on how much i want the speed of the game and the nubers of the hands i want to play
about the graphic i do like to have choises it would be great if you put the simple view and the more complix graphic

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best of stars and the best of Tilt \thread.

beantownmaniac

beantownmaniac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It's one of the few sites that still allow U.S. citizens to play at. I much prefer FT and PS.

I would like graphics on par with those at FT and PSI

Blind structure, payouts, starting chip stacks for :big stacks"

Absolutely. They're illegal on poker sites and just wrong. Play the game yourself!!!

5) Do you prefer playing at large sites (FT, PS..) or smaller ones(Unibet, Bet365..) ?

FT and PS will always be the sites I prefer

I play and enjoy both

F

fugitive67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

i was a PS guy, u had all the options and it was a clean look ... the interface has to be solid (i.e. Doyle's Room, Interops Poker and SI Poker have poor interfaces that you can't even Maximize to fit you're screen) ... my theory on fish comes from how easy it is to get freeroll money on a site ... obviously less traffic=smaller fields=freeroll fish

tourney selection is related to high traffic ... you are not going to have a $50 Razz Tourney attract to many people on a site with little to no traffic ...

I want fancy when i play on my gaming system, but when i dust off the old Dell P4 laptop, i like to be able to tone things down a bit ... i love 4 color deck, preferred seat and i might change the theme if im running bad (yes, i said it :) )

i generally would type or slide my bet amount in PS ... i like the 1/4 pot, 1/3 pot, 1/2 pot options i've seen on other sites (Carbon)

there better be no such thing as poker bots!!! ... the house gets the rake, the house gets the pct. of buy in ... pokerbots would be cheaterbots ... nothing LESS

there is always the competition debate ... personally i'm not the conspiracy theory guy, but i trusted to big sites more ... they were making so much $$ ... they had no reason to do anything shady

i like smaller buy ins ... im not truly a gambler, but in order to play real poker there has to be some money at stake ... when i bet sports, i would always bet on a game that i would/could watch ... it just made it more interesting

K

King of Clubs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies guys :)