Poker should. Ever bluff a player i have no history with/ no nothing about his game?

I

Izaak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also this includes if he gives off many tells ( which i don't know if he's a great actor or if he is a fish )

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should pretty much never bluff at the stakes you're playing .03/.06 if i remember correctly from a previous post. The only time a bluff would be acceptable is if you have really solid reads and are convinced he will fold. There is just to much money to be made from value betting at micro-stakes that we dont need to bluff to win. The most prominent mistake players at these stakes make is calling too much, so us bluffing actually helps these guys!

G

genleemb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should you ever? yes Should you do it often? probably no. If his tell is weak then test him. If he folds then 2 things are accomplished, 1 you win the pot and 2 you have some info on the read/tell. If he check raises when acting weak then you might have to fold, but you did gain some insight into his game. Either way its buying info that you can use a a later time.

M

MIGO14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very important is to find the right spots for trying a bluff.
I am still learning this, but I will also act very carefully if I don´t know anything about my opponent.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theoretically, yes, your range should always have bluffs. It really depends on what a bluff is. If you raise with AK and get called by a 55/6 in the BB and the flop is 723r, are you bluffing or value-betting?

If you have AKdd and the flop is JdTd3c, are you really bluffing?

If you have 99 and board is 862r and your flop bet is called, turn is J, are you bluffing if you bet?

If you define bluffing as "forcing someone to give up equity in the pot" then yes, you should bluff.

gefishy

gefishy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, bluffing is kinda difficult unless the table has been pretty consistent (not a lot of new players in and out) especially at low stakes. Unless you have a history with the person, it is probably not suggested unless you wanna lose some money.

Now if you have a bluff hand that isn't absolutely useless, (maybe a lot of outs before the turn, top 2 pair with a flush draw showing, etc.) maybe you can roll the dice a little more often and hope he calls just because he can.

G

getsbank

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
IF I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT A PLAYER BUT BELIEVE THE BLUFF WILL WORK THEN BY ALL MEANS I BLUFF. SOMETIMES SHORT STACKED IN TOURNEYS ITS THE ONLY WAY TO WIN A HAND AND CONTINUE WITH ENOUGH CHIPS.

Top 10 Games