poker popups

E

ethankolby

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i have a popup blocker but 888 poker still keeps popping up on my computer i don't even enjoy that site and do not play there can someone please inform me how to get rid of this popup other people must have this popup problem there is other pokersites to pacific poker please help they drive me nuts

Last edited:
JeeDub84

JeeDub84

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont usually have problems with pop ups, but thats because of Freedom Popup blocker. If you have a good Anti virus program then the popup blocker should help. I also believe that some programs have adware in thier files so you cant really prevent it.

DESSERTLADY

DESSERTLADY

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We used to have the same problem, but we got Ad Aware free on our computer and we don't have that problem anymore. (our's used to be Golden Palace or something like that)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You can find Ad-aware at www.lavasoft.com, and it's free to download. Once you get it, run a scan to get rid of all the "hidden" cookies that attach themselves to your computer. These will also bog you down after awhile, and slow your connection. It works great. I used to run it every week or so.

Now I have Norton Internet Security and Anti-Virus, and all that is built in, so I no longer need the Ad-Aware.

N

Nramjit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually run two spyware programs, Adware SE personal(one listed above) and Spybot-search and destroy. I also recommend AVG anti virus...it's a free virus program that runs very well. Also if you don't have a firewall get Zonealarm...another free program.:)

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always good to clear your cache a few times a week
Tools> interent Options > Click Delete Cookies> Delete files *check box*> Clear History> OK

LetsGetItOn

LetsGetItOn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I was getting ones from Titan Poker and the bastards were even leaving me an icon on my desktop, ad aware se and spybot both work real good.

I

imovelines

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Adaware works me for me also...slightly offtopic but related: anyone else HATE those stupid splash things that pop up when you close certain poker rooms? Prima sites have them, ipoker skins also. Never fail to piss me off. And there is my rant for the day.

IML

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mozilla Firefox + Spybot/adaware/pestpatrol/hijackthis! + Norton Anti.

I hardly ever use the middle ones though...

anyone else HATE those stupid splash things that pop up when you close certain poker rooms?

I do. They should update their crappy, slow software...