Y

yajra

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, couldnt spell etiquette(?) ....

Running the blind level clock down.

Doesn't really bug me much, but I watch a guy just go off today acusing someone of doing it.

Bit of backstory.

11$ DoN 10 man.

Blinds were 100-200. 7 People playing left. Short Stack had 900 chips, and the next guy up was 1200.

Chap from the UK ran his time every chance he got, and generally folded unless he had cards.

Guy with 1200 chips went off about mid way thru the level. Accused UK playing dirty poker, and trying to blind him out.

Uk responded with So?

1200 went off, called him all kinds of names. Was rather entertaining.
(In a bit of justice, the shortstack doubled up on the mouthpieces chips, and he was in fact blinded out of the game.)

What say you?

Running the clock = Dirty? Or not so much?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry, couldnt spell etiquette(?) ....

Running the blind level clock down.

Doesn't really bug me much, but I watch a guy just go off today acusing someone of doing it.

Bit of backstory.

11$ DoN 10 man.

Blinds were 100-200. 7 People playing left. Short Stack had 900 chips, and the next guy up was 1200.

Chap from the UK ran his time every chance he got, and generally folded unless he had cards.

Guy with 1200 chips went off about mid way thru the level. Accused UK playing dirty poker, and trying to blind him out.

Uk responded with So?

1200 went off, called him all kinds of names. Was rather entertaining.
(In a bit of justice, the shortstack doubled up on the mouthpieces chips, and he was in fact blinded out of the game.)

What say you?

Running the clock = Dirty? Or not so much?
Strategy.

K

kyndlyon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its part of the game. if there are always gonna be other players doing it on other tables, then i am going to do in on myu table to even it out.

josephs333

josephs333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is part of the game. I've do it any of times and yes, people do get mad at it if they are the short stack one.

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

:rolleyes: Had to laugh at this only because I played with a chap from the UK that did the same thing all the time, at any time, any game, any point. Gets rather annoying. Especially when he folded most of the time.

IMO he just had too many games going to keep up. But took a lot of shit from various players for doing it all the time.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Part of the game. Never going away unless the sites shorten the time alotted, but then the multi-tabellers would scream. I'm 95% a cash game player, so it doesn't make much sense, unless someone is just playing too mant tables. On the rare occassions when I play tournaments, I'm as guilty as anyone else when the bubble approaches and its going to be close if I'm ITM or not.

belerophon

belerophon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The last time I was using the clock to make it past the bubble it was just after I had taken a tough beat of some type.

This was in the Fri eve 2.50 +25 mtt on PS. I was gently ribbed by the player to my left cuz I folded 7-3 on the bb with only 3 bb left. Turned out I would have hit a boat. lol

Anyway we all had a good chuckle and I made it past the bubble and running the clock got me ITM.

I don't consider it poor manners myself. Personally I find typing Zzzzz.... more annoying and a strong indication of an uncreative player.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
weird coming across this thread as i JUST DID THIS about 4 hours ago in a pokerstars tournament

blinds were like 1/2K each..i had 5K...used the timer every hand until i had no more time bank ANNNND i waited til i had like 1 sec to act each time before clicking fold..

solid strategy if ya gotta hit the money

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The other day when satelliting into the MiniFTOPS #1, I was approaching the bubble with about 250 left (it was a big satellite) but there was no time bank (possibly to stop people so long) Anyway, I didn't have enough to even post a big and small blind (damn turbo tournies) so I pulled up my internet connection, every time it came round to me, hit disconnect and used my about 30 seconds of my disconnect time bank. And made it. Thought it was pretty smart myself!

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see it happening all the time near the bubble and it is kind of hard to argue with it if it means getting either a retun on your buy in or entry to the next round of a tourney. I don't like it myself but accept it for what it is.

FatCatBamboo

FatCatBamboo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't say these are manners to follow but these are just aspects of the game that drive me up a wall:

Every now and then there is a guy that goes ALL IN every hand.

When 7+ people check and the last guy bets a miniscule amount of chips.

When people use extra time at the beginning of a tournament and it's the first round of betting. Is it really necessary?

Donkeys who run their mouth at the table.