Poker if I get raised from heads up I have position cn I call pretty much any 2 cards

I

Izaak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker if i get raised from heads up when I have position can I call pretty much with any two cards...?
As what I'd tend to find is that the player would fire a continuation bet( or not) meaning I can take Dow. The pot( normally) as soon as I see weakness meaning he checks. So for example he raises pre I call with xx board comes xxx he bets I call turn comes x he checks I bet takes down the pot or he doesn't fire continuation bet and I take down the pot on the flop... In other words what are the odds that he hits the flop in the following ways, makes a pair or has any, kind of draw( over cards don't include) and same question plus the turn... So in conclusion with the answer what are the mathematical odds I can call pre flop with any two cards so that this is a profitable strategy?
Oh yeah and let's pressume he has no pair pre flop as that's unlikely anyway...

R

RVladimiro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker if i get raised from heads up when I have position can I call pretty much with any two cards...?

No, not really. Well you can but you shouldn't. Math wise you'll connect to the pot 1/3 of the time, if you do it with any two cards you'll probably be connecting with bad hands.

What you are describing is a float. There's massive ammounts of information about floating, I think you should read it.

Not to mention that if you make that your strategy, your opponent (at least a smart one) will start to double barrelling, 4 betting, check raising and so on. You'll spew money left and right even in 2NL against a half decent or mindless aggressive opponent.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can do it until he adjusts.

Also in the hand you posted you had 6 Xs. I think that's a pretty good hand and I'm not sure why you wanted him to fold on the turn. ;)

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^Yeah 6 X's is a winner... normally!

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can do it until he adjusts.

Also in the hand you posted you had 6 Xs. I think that's a pretty good hand and I'm not sure why you wanted him to fold on the turn. ;)

I'm so glad you said this, I was thinking the same thing....

E

Eclipsenz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest you sound like you've got tunnel vision in regards to heads up, you are on the right track kinda.

The whole reading the whole he won't have a PP pf made me go :/ dude its quite common.

Also the way yo said what are the odds he has a pair etc etc, the same can be applied to you. I'm sure someone with a clue would find it a tad fishy if you constantly called one street to reevaluate on the turn and capitalize on it