Poker Hopeful in NYTimes

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first thought when I saw his picture was "That guy wants some TV time." Sure enough, the article ends with:

“I felt lost in life, but on the water, at least I was busy,” said Mr. Kaltenmaier, who is single and lives with his father. “I promise you,” he added, “in four or five years, you’re going to see my face on TV.”

Who knows, maybe poker is his ticket to that dream coming true.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first thought when I saw his picture was "That guy wants some TV time." Sure enough, the article ends with:

“I felt lost in life, but on the water, at least I was busy,” said Mr. Kaltenmaier, who is single and lives with his father. “I promise you,” he added, “in four or five years, you’re going to see my face on TV.”

Who knows, maybe poker is his ticket to that dream coming true.

Well, if he's 28, and spending his tips and income on a losing poker history, and just wants to be famous... he'd be better off robbing a bank. :D

Making it in the poker world today is a 2% proposition at best... nothing in the article suggests to me that he knows the game or has the stuff... but of course GL to him!

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How is that news worthy?

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How is that news worthy?

Human interest story to fill in between the ads in the Times... :)
Also shows what kind of desperate people are hoping to win big at poker...

Last edited:
bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
“I’ve tried it the past few years, but it’s just never worked out,” he said of his poker aspirations. “It’s just a matter of getting the right cards.”
Shows he doesn't know how to play.

GOIVIT

GOIVIT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like this quote:

“I’ve watched him turn $100 into five grand in an hour,” Mr. Ventura said. “Now he’s got to learn to quit while he’s still up.”

Looks like a fish to me. :)