Poker in general

RiverNoHelp

RiverNoHelp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've made a few topics on this board and the help I've received has been tremendous.. I feel like i'm learning something new about this game everyday and you have all been a huge part of it.. Poker is a great game, full of great people for the most part and it's just so cool to have latched on to something that makes you feel so alive.. I love my family and I work my 8 hours a day (sometimes more!) but the only time I really feel at peace is when i'm at the poker table.. The excitement every hand as you riffle your chips waiting to take a peek at you your hole cards is unmatched in my eyes.. The feeling you get when you bluff someone out of a big pot with deuce seven off is something else.. Are we athletes, of course not, is poker a sport, uh iffy, but is it not one of the best things to do on a Friday night with all your friends crowded around a dining room table playing for nickles and dimes?..What about the new friends you meet everyday on this board?..Of course some of us bicker every now and then like brothers and sisters but at the end of the day we all agree that Poker is a great game and what makes it so great is that there is no one way to play a hand.. You say slowplay, I say play it fast.. You say raise, I say call.. We can go for hours back and forth but that's what makes the game so damn great.. I don't know where i'm going with all this but I just figured I'd just throw it out there and see if anyone really knows why they love this game so much.. Just like there are a hundred ways to play a hand there has got to be a hundred reasons why this game means something to you.. I'm so glad I get the chance to learn from all of you and I hope that some day you will all learn something from me..

cascat

cascat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a great thing that you've found an interest you like so much! Not everyone has something they really burn for. I agree that poker can be really exciting, especially live games.

MyNetBets

MyNetBets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your not the only one...alot of people really enjoy the game..and everthing that comes..or goes with it

Q

quant

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i turned to poker after ( of all things) my marriage broke down.

i have to admit i work hard now but there is nothing better than settling down to a nice relaxing game of cards.

put the kids in bed the music on and away we go.

well that is until the bad beat gets me or im punching the wall gos my aa got busted again

A

AKTAR

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker is exciting. I enjoy the thrill of not knowing the outcome of everyhand that I am in. Winning a pot for some money encourages me to keep playing. Losing a hand to me is a way to learn why the other guy got my money and gives a chance to get it back.

H

hothands19

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
some people when i tell them i like to play poker they look at me weird and i can only think what i believe is going through there mind this guy is a gambler and is going to have a addiction to it which is not true it is almost a stereotype

H

hothands19

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont know how much or if anybody here has played any prima poker sites but i think they are one of the best. my favorite and the one i play on the most is dream poker. they by far have the best freerolls