Poker Blueprint or Harrington on 6 max

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Title says it. I'm buying a poker book this week. I play almost exclusively 6 max. I was beating 5nl when Black Friday hit. Now I'm trying to build a roll on Carbon. I have aspirations to play mid stakes some day.

Which is the better book?

And before anyone says it, yes I know that playing online poker in the US is dodgy right now but I am committed to defying my stupid government as long as possible. Yes I know I might not be able to get my money off site if the worst happens. Its micro stake money and I'll take my chances.

Also, just in case bodog is the last one standing, do they spread six max or is it all full ring?

Thanks, and GL at the tables.

bellevuelimo

bellevuelimo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Title says it. I'm buying a poker book this week. I play almost exclusively 6 max. I was beating 5nl when Black Friday hit. Now I'm trying to build a roll on Carbon. I have aspirations to play mid stakes some day.

And before anyone says it, yes I know that playing online poker in the US is dodgy right now but I am committed to defying my stupid government as long as possible. Yes I know I might not be able to get my money off site if the worst happens. Its micro stake money and I'll take my chances.

Also, just in case Bodog is the last one standing, do they spread six max or is it all full ring?

Poker Blueprint was the best poker book I've ever read, absolutely every single sentence in the entire book makes sense and is immediately applicabl

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the reply. I had forgotten I posted this thread. My book buy got delayed but I am definitely going for Poker Blueprint.

I got to read some excerpts and it seems pretty great. Also, I've found some great reviews.

C

cazique

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be careful though about applying the advice from the book. Some of the concepts (like barreling scare cards, shoving AQ on low flops in 3-bet pots) almost definitely don't work at the level you're playing. With that said, the book is pretty much the nuts for 6max 100NL and below. I find myself revisiting the book countless times to reinforce my understanding of the game.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be careful though about applying the advice from the book. Some of the concepts (like barreling scare cards, shoving AQ on low flops in 3-bet pots) almost definitely don't work at the level you're playing. With that said, the book is pretty much the nuts for 6max 100NL and below. I find myself revisiting the book countless times to reinforce my understanding of the game.

Thanks, yeah I definitely understand what your saying. The super low micros are a world apart in some ways. My big poker goal at the moment is to grind my way up to 100 NL and I want to be ready when I get there.

Of course I was making great progress until the DOJ crashed the party. Now I'm back at sqaure one. /rant/whine.

Anyways, thanks for the reply. This is definitely the book I'm going with for now.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haven't seen the other, seems pricey, I like Harrington for plain instruction about situational thinking, all the way...

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Also, just in case Bodog is the last one standing, do they spread six max or is it all full ring?

yes bodog has 6 max

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bodog has full ring and short hand games starting at 5NL. The games are pretty loose and playing tight in either game will net wins.