Poker 3 tricky hands...

I

Izaak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand #1 I'm in middle position with a9. This hand will normally be best in an unopened or unlimited pot which this is. I raise to 15 2.5 x big blind guy on my left in mid position calls so do both the blades. Flop comes j45 rainbow. Action is checked all the way. Turn a. Blind check I bet 35 and get called by the guy on my left and blinds fold. River 9 perfect runner runner right? I bet 100 and he thinks abit before shipping 400 very unexpected. Now I hav been pounding this table so it feels like the guys on tilt. However it's had for me to put him on a hand a9 possible j9suited maybe ( players at these stakes play weird so I consider hands that even make little sense like this one... Pocket 99 possible yet unlikely since it wud mean the case 9 pocket 44 or 55 again possible but unlikely and id b. Aazed if he slowed played that all the way... I'm so confused but feel I'm beating most of his range so I called. He shows aaa! Now that was unexpected... Just a cooler u guys think?

# 2 I have aq UTG + 3 so middish/ earlish position first 2 guys limp first guy who limped I have loads of history with.. I have aqspades so made it 28 which is about 4.7 times the big blind ish. I did the 2.5x big blind + 1 limper rule ish.. Everybody folds apart from the limper's. Flop q45 rainbow. Checked to me I bet 55 and get called by the guy i have history with other guy folds. I'm putting this guy on 444 or 555 or kq or maybe aq or qj or q10 maybe even 46 56 57suited. Turn comes ( thr card I actually was dreading to see ) the q. So now I'm thinking this guy either has a boat trips or 2 pair. Now I know he slows plays his monster hands but also slow plays his average hands ( he mixes it up alot ) he checks now I feel I have to bet to build a pot my hand will be good here way to often. I bet 120 he called. River blank and he min raised when the pot was about 400 so he bet 6. I feel he has all above apart from 46 56 57. Now he's abit stubborn so I can't see him folding trips. There are 4 combinations of hands that beat me ( 3 4s left 3 5s left = 4 combinations). He can have numerous amount of queens q10 ECt... So I feel I'm beating his range. I ship it on top about 300 he calls shows 444. Another cooler?

#3 I have a4 hearts in thr mid position get called by 3 players when I raise 2.5x big blind. Flop 335 2 diamonds both blinds check I bet 30 and get called by the who called me from mid position . Bounds fold ( 3 hearts on board. Turn is 6 hearts. Now i feel this guy might have a 3 but it's unlikely he's more likely to have a 5. I think i can hit so many cards , 2 7 any heart any ace so I have probably about 18 outs at worst I probably have 15 outs. I decide to confuse my opponent and over bet the pot. I do this for these reasons ( btw i bet 140 in a 120 pot). I feel this raise if definitely going to make him fold a 5 and he could even have 77 88 99 1010 maybe jj and out him in a very tricky spot were he could fold. Plus if he does decide to call, I am only about a 2/1 underdog at worst. Plus these players don't really understand betting ur draws strong ( since they are fishy ) so if I hit it I feel I'm improving my implied of ). He calls and river coes 2 hearts. 250 and to my amazement he ships me for 600 . He could either has 55533 3333 66633 a333 ( I feel he could never out me on a straight a flush or even a full house - full house because these players are stubborn ) so there's 5 combinations of hands that beat me and 6 combinations I beat. ( this one is alot more debatable than the others...

Btw obv 400= 4$

bigdog6262

bigdog6262

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st hand was a bad had for you no doubt but u left out the possibility of a str8 with 23 and u said urself
players at these stakes play weird so I consider hands that even make little sense
and if u would have thought that mayb u could have gotten reid of the hand the way it was played out
Flop comes j45 rainbow. Action is checked all the way. Turn a. Blind check I bet 35 and get called by the guy on my left and blinds fold. River 9 perfect runner runner right? I bet 100 and he thinks abit before shipping 400 very unexpected
he checked the flop for the free card and when he turned the nuts u bet out and he just smoothed calls to get u 2 bet out again then shoves with the nuts

F

fugitive67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st hand, ha we've all been there ... that over-bet on the river is either a stone cold bluff or the nuts ... all you can do there is go with your poker instincts ... the only thing i would say is if your poker instincts are confused, then take the safe road and fold the 2 pair

2nd hand, your alarms went off here, but the Q on the turn really was the worst card you could have seen ... i guess you could say you didn't totally trust your poker instincts here, but if you don't bet the river, then you open yourself up for a steal, i would say you did what you had to do

i might question the over-bet there ... you could have moved him off a 5 with a lesser bet ... as a good player risking more chips than necessary is probably a questionable play, but very easy to say in retrospect

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands