Please help me with my BR.. *My life*

S

salami1212

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, basically my poker carreer :)p ) has been the most up and down ride ive ever experienced. When i first started i won $500 in 1 day, ended up losing all of it. THen i went -$450, but then went up to $1998 in 2 days playing a mixture of 100nl, 200nl, 400nl and finally 1000nl. Had to break the $2000 barrier and i was gna cash out but I didnt lmao.

Stupid I know. I lost all of that bar $667 to cover my losses. SO now i was at break even.

Now today.. I am down quite a lot of money but I love poker and I cannn play poker well when im not tilting and donking my money away. The reason why ive lost so much money is my love for mtt and that "big win"..

Im sure this story sounds like a lot of poker players which it probably is, but now we come to TODAY. I deposited $20 in full tilt, and have been on a up and down rollercoaster the last 2 days, going up to $79 all the way down to $9 a minute ago.. I just came 2nd in a $5.50 27 man sit and go (which I have been absolutely owning - playing 15 overall and cashing in nearly all bar 3 which I final tabled).

I know am at $45 dollars, and stupidly entered a $3.30 rebuy guaranteed mtt lol.. Its gonna be my last one until my bankroll can cope I promise!

so what should I be playing with my measly $45. $2.25 sit and goes?
9 man, 18 man, 27 man?

If i played 4 a day, what would my expected daily profit be? I know I need to find my roi but im just wondering. I CAN play good poker, I have improved majorly..

I hope to recover my losses over the course of 3 months.
Cheers and hope you can steer me on the right path of brm

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you need some discipline. Ups and downs prove nothing about your skill or lack thereof. If your honest with yourself you'll have to admit that you haven't proven that you can win consistantly at any level. Probably not even $10. It looks like you're in a rush to take on Durrr at Ivey Heaven $500/$1000.

Relax. Where's the fire? I'm not saying you need to drop down to $10 nl, but there's no shame in that. Play a limit you can afford and stick to it untill you can show a winning rate of say 10 BB/100 over 20,000 hands or so. Remember, this isn't a race and this isn't a competition. It's a skill that needs to be honed.

As far as the tourneys are concerned it really depends apon your skill level and what size tourney your comfortable with. If your cashing in say 20% of the MTT's you play, then you might take a shot at anything up to $5.50. Even at this, chances are you'll bust. If your cashing less than that then chances are you'll bust nomatter what limit you play. That's just the nature of the game. Most poker sites report that less than 5% of all their members make money in any given year.

My best advice to you is that you read some of the better member blogs to get an idea of what is involved in becoming a winning player. You'd be surprised at the time and effort people like F. Paulson and ChuckTs put into improving their game every day. You might just decide that it's not worth the effort and resign yourself becoming just a very good recreational player. Drop 50 bucks a month into it, have a good time and don't expect the world.

S

salami1212

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheers, if i win 1 out of 4 wont i just break even?? ANd yep ill try and stick to br management, but its so hard at these stakes lol.

im loving the 27 man 5.50s though.. When I get up to $100, would the 5.50 27 man be a good sng to grind out?

A

ayasak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry if I sound rude but it seem like you're winning cause you were on lucky roll.

You won $ at cash and lost all, deposited and went to play SNGs. Seem wierd to me. Rarely see a jack of all trade for online peeps.

Anyway, the most impt thing now is Bankroll Management. Look up the internet on things abt BRM.

All the best!

M

m00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You were the guy with that thread about how rigged bodog is or?! Where you whined bout your KK ran into AA like 3 times in a row.. or??

You got a lot to learn and I'm 100% sure that you wont learn that all with just one thread where you ask about what to play..

I cannn play poker well when im not tilting and donking my money away.
1. Why you do tilt it away then? ..
2. You have to admit to YOURSELF that you CAN NOT play poker well. PERIOD. If you played well, you would not donk your money away, cry about KK/AA and you would play with at least a BIT of a bankrollmanagement..

You basically moved up in stakes every some minutes just because your bankroll was "big" enough for one buy-in. This and you dont seem so smart to me, sorry but.. Its just dumb and your "poker career" will find a fast end. I promise!

A

ayasak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i guess moo caught the main point here.

you're winning due to a surge in the Luck Department. Done.

aesopdurasic

aesopdurasic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It sounds like u our playing way out of your means. You probably do get lucky but that can only take you so far which you have discovered because all the money u have won was put right back into poker circulation. I am a firm believer that u shouldnt play just to play you should play because you are in the right mind set to lay down big hands if you r beat and if you cant seem to win.... stop. I think you have lack of disciple not to be rude also why are u tilting and what hands are u losing are u pushing all in with TPTK or BPTP, set, or on some draws. It sounds like u have a lot to learn about how to play proper poker and that includes controlling emotions, playing within your means, and plays fundamental poker. well thats my quick 2 cents. I am just learning myself so take it for what it is. hope u figure it out and GL
Aesop

P

PokerJoeAAAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You were the guy with that thread about how rigged bodog is or?! Where you whined bout your KK ran into AA like 3 times in a row.. or??

You got a lot to learn and I'm 100% sure that you wont learn that all with just one thread where you ask about what to play..

1. Why you do tilt it away then? ..
2. You have to admit to YOURSELF that you CAN NOT play poker well. PERIOD. If you played well, you would not donk your money away, cry about KK/AA and you would play with at least a BIT of a bankrollmanagement..

You basically moved up in stakes every some minutes just because your bankroll was "big" enough for one buy-in. This and you dont seem so smart to me, sorry but.. Its just dumb and your "poker career" will find a fast end. I promise!

WOW m00!!
"This and you dont seem so smart to me, sorry but.. Its just dumb and your "poker career" will find a fast end. I promise!"