Playing Percentages?

K4Lic0

K4Lic0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now, every poker site has your playing percentages (hands Won, Showdowns Won, Flops Seen, Win % if flop seen, etc..)

I was wondering if there is an article or something somewhere (I looked around to not much avail) that can give me some info on how these %'s can help my play, and if they tell me anything?

Boltneck

Boltneck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think these stats will be of much use to you. As far as I know, the stats provided by the poker sites are for just the session that you are playing. Even if you play for 4 hours, at 50 hands per hour that's only 200 hands. I don't think you can get too much meaningful information from such a small sample. That said, if you have some stats that you think are typical of your overall play, you could post them on here and I'm sure someone will be happy to pass comment on them.

It may be worth you having a look at Poker Tracker. It gives the figures mentioned above, and so much more. If you are serious about poker, and about improving your game by hard work and analysis of your play it is definitely worth considering - but it does cost approximately $50

K4Lic0

K4Lic0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't think they could tell me much. I'm looking in to getting Poker Tracker. Thanks!