Playing against Bots

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do they really exist at poker tables? And if they did, why would anyone have any problems playing against a bot. Wouldn't be more predictable and easier to play against bots than a human?

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not if the bot is owned by the online site.

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I guess if the integrity of the site is at risk. Players should get some kind of reassurance that sites arent using poker bots to even out the field and it should be really transparent by the site running the games that this is not a practice.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
bots are part and parcel of online games .. we cant stop playing it cos they r run by many poker pro cheaters..

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If to look at freerolls thare are all bots going all-in with any trash.

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have some good reasons to think they exist. The best way to cope with them is leaving the table.

rancidcarp

rancidcarp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who would waste a bot in a freeroll...unless it is the sites bot.

M

MPaz_87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think they waste time on boots. They make million dollars every second, why would they need boots to earn more? It's silly.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
site bots reduce expenses, even at freerolls, less rewards means more money for the house

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
SITES USE THEM TO TAKE OUT PEOPLE WHO DONT DEPOSIT JUST PLAY IN FREEROLLS I TALKED TO PEOPLE LIKE THAT AND THEY ALWAYS SAY EVRYONE IS A BOT

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's actually cash game bots who crush most people making a average profit of 5 EUR each 100 hands. If you see them, leave the table :D.

S

spartacus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now I think there are bigger problems than full-fledged bots playing at the tables. I'd be more concerned about people colluding, using multiple accounts, data mining, or using HUDs that automate certain decisions (beyond what HEM2 or PT4 provide).

Computer scientists have 'solved' heads-up fixed limit hold'em, but games like full ring NLHE are much more complicated, and probably won't be solved for quite a while.

If people have written full-fledged bots for full ring NL, they probably use strategies that are easily exploitable.

B

bremensha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why does anyonne think that bots are no real problem ?
at backgammon the robot wins 6/11 against the world champion.
In chess it is about 50%.

S

spartacus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why does anyonne think that bots are no real problem ?
at backgammon the robot wins 6/11 against the world champion.
In chess it is about 50%.

Poker is different because the players don't have perfect information.

In games like chess and backgammon, a computer program can brute force search X moves ahead, and find the best move based on various heuristics (or an end-game database).

Poker is harder because the program doesn't know any of the villain's cards and there can be up to 9 players in a single game -- compared to 2 players in backgammon and chess.

TheCol

TheCol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard of cash game bots. And have seen alot of them on cheap sites like JuicySteaks. If you play on pokerstars or Fulltilt or Carbon or Bovada im pretty sure your safe on those sites but the low budge sites you really need to watch out for.

TempoShaman

TempoShaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard of cash game bots. And have seen alot of them on cheap sites like JuicySteaks. If you play on PokerStars or Fulltilt or Carbon or Bovada im pretty sure your safe on those sites but the low budge sites you really need to watch out for.

i actually know thats not true. Carbon actually had a huge ring of bots get busted and bovada is a haven. check out this... MIT students and others having comps to make the new no limit master...

if you dig you will find, i did.
http://mitpokerbots.com/

bovadas "black diamond poker open 2015"???

look up black diamond poker bots

:angel:

mind blown

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MIT pokerbots is sponsered by trading firms and darkpools...
Weird..

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think they waste time on boots. They make million dollars every second, why would they need boots to earn more? It's silly.

Big sites sure. But smaller sites? Their problem is that for them to be taking rake, there need to be games running. People need other people to play against... and on sites where they don't get a lot of traffic, you can see how they might be tempted to use bots to generate action.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No,it is a rave,"bots" is an information for the most of players who ddo not now anything about poker,it is only my mind.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How can player call all-in with 45, 27, etc. and win AA or KK , and now think are there bots or not.

S

spartacus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After reading this thread, I decided to look into things a bit more, it does seem like bots are already causing a minor disturbance on some sites.

I thought there would at least be several years before bots played NLHE well enough to be profitable, but some threads on twoplustwo.com suggest that there are already bots on partypoker and 888 that are crushing the microlimits.

It makes me feel pretty disappointed. Maybe online poker will be dead very soon (real money games anyway).

Relevant threads:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/bots-party-insiders-view-1474198/
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/bots-888poker-1455008/

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
How can player call all-in with 45, 27, etc. and win AA or KK , and now think are there bots or not.

A bot would not call an all in with 45 and definitely wouldn't with 27. When you see villain calling with very poor holdings you can guarantee that is not a bot only a player that sucks at poker and gets lucky and another thing a bot can not see a future board.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I can't believe that anyone would believe a bot would shove all in with trash, that is a donk, that's why freerolls are referred to as a donk fest, not a bot fest :p