Players from Spain with $2 stacks

K

khicks26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play 10 nl, and these players from Spain all play the same way.
they sit with $2, wait for a hand like any pair AK, AQ or suited broadway cards to shove there $2 stack. then if they win, they leave as soon as its there turn to post blinds.

its not just 1 or 2 players. its most of the players from Spain. does anybody know whats up with this.

is it some kinda short stacking poker school. i just don,t see how this is a profitable way to play poker. its like wasting your good cards.

if anyone knows whats up, please do tell.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop playing on a site that allow shortstacking scumbags. FTP won't let you buy in for less than 35bb for instance. Boycott rooms that allow less than that.

K

khicks26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no dude there all over full tilt. with $2 stacks or $4 in rush poker.

K

kevkojak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a standard hit-and-run strategy. Minimum buy-in, camp for a couple of rounds of blinds waiting for a monster, then just jam 'em in hoping for a double through
Its generally a good strategy for players who have no idea how to play post-flop, and/or have tiny bankrolls.
Occasionally I'll play the 'double up and go' strategy if I'm really low on funds, but if you want to play proper poker, steer clear of the short stack tables (40BB's) and get involved with the high stack games (100BB minimum buy-in). The $2 jockeys won't have a clue how to play them if all they know is shove or fold.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no dude there all over full tilt. with $2 stacks or $4 in rush poker.
Are you looking at the shallow tables? They have those now so all the shorties can play with themselves.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For Spaniards, the number two is very lucky, so I assume that's the reason

K

khicks26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you looking at the shallow tables? They have those now so all the shorties can play with themselves.

no, i 10nl rush poker on tilt now. were they have to buy in for $4. but there still there. just not as much.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, i 10nl rush poker on tilt now. were they have to buy in for $4. but there still there. just not as much.

That's what was said, the minimum is 40bb's.

In your example it was 20bb's.

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i have to play vs those retards too, the only downside of their strategy is that you can't make a lot of money and you aren't learning much either.

plus, to your benefit you can steal a lot of blinds from them since they only shove like 14% of their hands.

cool32steve

cool32steve

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars 10NL and above you can filter tables to only show tables that with 40-100bb buy ins, and tables with 100-250 bb buy-ins. You can choose to stay away from tables that allow 20bb buy-ins.:cool:

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
FTP is known for having people that do exactly that, I only do that when I have a very small bankroll. I don't insta-shove with big cards, the only time I shove is when I get re-raised or post flop. :D

E

edsam1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, although I'm English I live and play on line from here in Spain. I generally play on partypoker and can't say that I've come across all that many Spanish that play in the way that you describe. Granted there seem to be many Belarusins,Russians, etc etc that do seem to sit and wait for a premium hand before shoving but they are easy to spot. There are several articles in the strategy section that give sound advice when playing against those sort of players. Don't make it good odds for them to call, isolate them and take them to the felt with better hands. I think that at whatever level you play the all in shove is good weapon in the right situation, it's no different what ever size of stack the villan has the size of your stack determines how much you can win or lose, it's all experience. Regards Ed

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are these people getting callers to these shoves. I would think they would b as easy to spot as a KKK member at a Black Panther rally and everyone would fold to them unless they also have AK KK or AA

E

edsam1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You are spot on. The only problem is, unless you already know them, you don't know until its too late. There again its probably best to fight their aggression with as you say AA or AK etc. Use your superior poker skills to negate their limited strategy. I suppose that if there are that many employing this strategy they must find it financially rewarding.

K

khicks26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are these people getting callers to these shoves. I would think they would b as easy to spot as a KKK member at a Black Panther rally and everyone would fold to them unless they also have AK KK or AA

i will call there shove with 10s or better, and AK. there not that hard to spot or beat if your getting cards. they are mostly a pain when you raise in EP with a small pair or AQ, and have to fold to there $2 shove.

i really just wanted to know why most of these players are from Spain, and why they play this way. i just find it odd. like they are a group of players all playing the same way. i have see them on many differant sites.
what is up these guys?

K

khicks26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's what was said, the minimum is 40bb's.

In your example it was 20bb's.

what are you in need of some posts to get in the freeroll or something.in rush poker 40 bbs. normal tables 20bbs. this may have changed on tilt.i only play rush now, and have not been at the regular tables there were most of these guys are.

K

khicks26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, although I'm English I live and play on line from here in Spain. I generally play on Partypoker and can't say that I've come across all that many Spanish that play in the way that you describe. Granted there seem to be many Belarusins,Russians, etc etc that do seem to sit and wait for a premium hand before shoving but they are easy to spot. There are several articles in the strategy section that give sound advice when playing against those sort of players. Don't make it good odds for them to call, isolate them and take them to the felt with better hands. I think that at whatever level you play the all in shove is good weapon in the right situation, it's no different what ever size of stack the villan has the size of your stack determines how much you can win or lose, it's all experience. Regards Ed

most of these guys are from spain. i don,t notice that many other players from those countries doing it. but i may be wrong.

you know what they say: once one guy does it, they all start doing it.
nothing wrong with it. i just want to why, and why they are mostly from spain.

K

khicks26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one more thing, if you play these limits. watch out that you don,t step in the 2 dollar hole.:)

joe steady

joe steady

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
twodollarushamentslol.
If you're playing rush, it seems like your pf calling range is cool, I probably wouldn't be calling with 1010, but that's just me. What time do you play? If you're playing at 5pm CST you might just be getting all the euro guys who want to gamble. I don't think there's some sort of "Spanish ShortStacking Conspiracy," you may just be encountering Spanish bar time or whatever. Thanks for the heads up, tho.

E

edsam1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Spanish players with small stacks

Hi, I currently live in Spain (retired) but am English. Until I saw several of the posts about short stacked Spanish players( mainly on .05/.1 stake tables or below) who wait for any pair or or an ace under before shoving all in I had not really noticed just how common their strategy was. I play on FT and PP for small stakes and both sites have a lot of these players on them. I now look for the tables with this type of player.
If you play disciplined ABC poker and wait for the right spots it is fairly easy to take money from these players. The best ploy is to wait, unless you have a premium pair ( 10's and above)pre flop, until you have seen the flop and call their shove with a reasonable hand. Success rate with this strategy is above 80% and will grow your bankroll over a short period.
I must add that not all Spanish players use the wait for an ace and shove strategy, some ( mainly on the .1/.25 and above tables play decent poker.
Ed

Goodwooter

Goodwooter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its simple...2 dollar freeroll win!

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im sorry in advance but i have often used this strategy if i have a low bankroll. i think unless its against the rules everyone should be allowed to play whatever way they want. if this is the only strategy these playrs know why should they have to change the way they play to play into the hands of all ye full stack sharks out there.? Simples?