Chips
on ftp whats the fastest way to get play chips so u can play the 500k freeroll

kybcat

kybcat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had my best luck at the SnGs. You have ppl that like to go all in on nothing. can build your bank roll up quick.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rush PLO is what I've heard. Makes sense because pots get huge in it and the idiots that play playmoney PLO don't know how to play PLO so probably makes it even better. Don't know first hand though, play money is a joke...

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can buy them from certain dealers. That would probably be the quickest way, but wouldn't make much sense if you wanted the play chips in order to play a freeroll.

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i had 8 million play chips from playing 16 tables 100-200, played in three of them freerolls but the time doesnt suit me in ireland, then i went mad with my chips and just busted them all in a day. it took me about 2 months to get them and im raging now i lost them because i put a lot of time into gettin them.

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i had 8 million play chips from playing 16 tables 100-200, played in three of them freerolls but the time doesnt suit me in ireland, then i went mad with my chips and just busted them all in a day. it took me about 2 months to get them and im raging now i lost them because i put a lot of time into gettin them.

This can be an invaluable lesson in bankroll management for you. Recognize what factors set you off and made you donk them off in a day, and watch for those signs in the future to avoid doing so in the future.

Learning to avoid this form of loss-chasing tilt is much less painful to do in play chips then in real money.

Let me tell you, I've been there myself in both play chips and real money. I had play chip rolls of 5 million, then busto, built it back up to 8 million, then busto, built once more back to 12 million then busto. Finally, the 4th time was the charm and I figured out what was causing my lack of discipline and now I sit on 40+ million playchips and no sign of regression. This newly found discipline has also helped me build up my real money roll from freeroll winnings and has kept it growing steadily without the one-session bankruptcies that used to plague me.

As for the original question:

The easiest way I've found to start up with playchips is to ascend the play chip SNG ladder. Just buy a ton of step 1 tickets (like 20+) and go up the ladder. Out of 20, if you have any sort of SNG basic strategy or skill, one of them will assuredly make it to the step 7 money and you can then rinse and repeat with basically no risk to your roll. Once you've gotten a million+ in this fashion, if you are bored you can always branch into the play ring games, where the competition is a little wiser (usually) then shoving any two.

Poker Chips - History of Chips