Phil Hellmuth Jr announces he's quitting poker?

I

Izaak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In an interview taken place in the golden nugget at approximately 8:35 this morning the poker brat announced that he was retiring from poker. He was playing 300/600 dollar stakes alongside other pros which included Doyle Brunson, Brad Booth, 'lucky chewy', Vanessa Rousso and the star of everybody loves Raymond character. Phil had had a terrible session losing neally 2 buy ins costing him neally 200k.

His reasons for quitting are simple. He claimed he couldn't run good in poker anymore. He said "my luck has run out". "the game gives me too much stress and to be honest I don't even the money anymore". Here's the interview that he announced this.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=GB#/watch?v=YwBcNPndqvY

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so...he'll be playing in bobby's room today or tomorrow?

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this changes everything

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"my luck has run out". "the game gives me too much stress and to be honest I don't even the money anymore".

Need the money? Want the money? Have the money? That missing word is killing me!

On a side note announcing his "luck has run out" is probably him just admitting he is a donk and his whole career was a heater ;)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so...he'll be playing in bobby's room today or tomorrow?

Definitely not today. He is having lunch with the CEO and President of the 49'ers today - then going to watch his friend Jim Harbaugh in practice.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So he's finally admitting that he was a fish that went on a heater when the games were soft and is now being destroyed by the new generation of poker players.

Although he'll probably just be looking to have threads created on poker forums to massage his ego at the massive loss to the game him quitting will cause.

calicard

calicard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately

Unfortunately for Phil it is too late. He says "I"m quitting poker!". Well it is not that simple. That is like a heroin addict saying "I will quit doing heroin." next day he is doing heroin. Playing poker releases certain chemicals in your body that give you a rush. You get addicted to that rush. Phil is an addict. As are many. I wish him luck in his ventures, but quite frankly he is in for an emotional roller coaster that will most likely include legal and or not so legal medications.:eek:

Z

ZNT746

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did that link work for anyone?

Anyways I highly doubt he is quitting poker. He just had an amazing wsop I guarantee he will be back next year. This is exactly like when someone wakes up with a hangover and says "I'm never drinking again, I mean it!" lol everyone knows you're full of shit.

Especially when it's Phil Hellmuth, the most emotional cry baby attention whore alive...how can anyone take this seriously?

JamesDaBear

JamesDaBear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So he's finally admitting that he was a fish that went on a heater when the games were soft and is now being destroyed by the new generation of poker players.

Although he'll probably just be looking to have threads created on poker forums to massage his ego at the massive loss to the game him quitting will cause.

The New Generation? Do you mean the one that's going to come after he got 2nd place in three WSOP events and it took an even more ridiculous heater to deny him WSOP player of the year? 99.99% of poker players wish they could get "destroyed" like that.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The New Generation? Do you mean the one that's going to come after he got 2nd place in three WSOP events and it took an even more ridiculous heater to deny him WSOP player of the year? 99.99% of poker players wish they could get "destroyed" like that.

Thank you my friend. Since Stu, Phil has been the man.

Most appreciated.

-

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
this ^

Gotta love the comments in this thread. Phil has his best year ever in 2011 & yet they all seemed to have missed it?

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So he's finally admitting that he was a fish that went on a heater when the games were soft and is now being destroyed by the new generation of poker players..

Man, there's a real lack of poker history around here.

Here, in brief... In the old days it was just old guys waiting for big hands and taking down rookies, Then came Stu. He was the first of the "new generation of poker players."

His aggressive play put EVERYBODY on their heels. After Stu, Phil took the helm and blasted them for years.

There is no "new generation of poker players" as far as most folks here are concerned, it's just the natural evolution of what Stu INVENTED and Phil championed.

BTW... how would any of you play if EVERY player at EVERY table YEAR AFTER YEAR has cross hairs on you? Seriously. How would you do?

-

JDAWG5

JDAWG5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NOOOOOOOOOOO

I like watching his freakouts!!!

He is a great player.

P

PotluckXXI

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never happen, no way, not a chance. He'll take some "time off" but will be right back in there soon enough.

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
11 bracelettes
1 Main Event Championship
3 second place finishes just this year.

LOL, I love how people who've accomplished little in poker (myself included) like to point at others and talk about what fish they are. Kind of like watching pro football and saying this QB sucks when you yourself cant throw the ball 15 yards.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My fish on a heater was a light-hearted joke but it's clear for all to see that in cash games he is routinely outplayed.

Your pro-footballer example is actually eprfect for me to illustrate my next point. When we say somebody is shit we mean relatively. Obviously most sportsmen I criticise are better than me at said sport but I still call them shit in relative to terms to the other sportsmen. In that sense Phil Hellmuth is shit at cash games.

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are only two people unluckier than phil
mike matasau and ME.
ps.
how do you spell matt-ee-so ?

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only two people unluckier than Phil? You cannot be serious.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are only two people unluckier than phil
mike matasau and ME.
ps.
how do you spell matt-ee-so ?

Oh man... You can't leave Bobby Bellande off that list. :p

-

P

poker d player

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He'll be back. He just needs to tell some more players how bad they play. Throw over a few more tables and chairs and break a couple of big mirrors, for good luck ... and he'll be back on the felt.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh man... You can't leave Bobby Bellande off that list. :p

-

AreYouKiddingMe.png

F

fishinthesea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's bluffing hahaha. There's no way he'll quit poker that easily. I'll give him a day at max.