Are people really this dumb?

CoddBrunson

CoddBrunson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was reading one of the threads below, the one about poker manners and running out the clock when nearing the bubble, I didn't want to hijack the thread. It reminded me of today I was playing a Satellite to the BLT, I play them quite often and I encounter this all the time. People stalling/running out the clock, yeah whatever. What about the people who run out their clock in hand for hand play? Are people really this dumb?

bonflizubi

bonflizubi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes people are either that dumb, or don't realize it is hand for hand...

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at fulltilt it only says the play is hand for hand in the chat box....at pokerstars i believe it shows up on the table....so maybe people just dont see it at fulltilt..or maybe i have it switched...i play both so often that i forget really

CoddBrunson

CoddBrunson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At Full Tilt, it shows up on the table after each hand, a big blue strip says Hand for Hand Play in Progress, Waiting for Other Tables to Finish.

But then again, you don't really see it that much if your running out your clock and every other table is waiting on your table.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on stars it's just in the chat box, but even than , you stall close to the bubble, so after a hand ended and it takes a while before new cards are dealt it's obvious hand for hand is in progress, isn't it ?

isohatedis

isohatedis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some people just dont realize its hand for hand

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Running the clock down

As someone who plays a lot of MTT's I would say that people
try to run the clock down at 99.9% of tourneys and it
annoys me so much because as other people have said by the time
a tourney gets to the bubble it is in hand to hand mode so it doesnt make the slightest bit of differerence

I have pointed this out many times but no-one takes any notice

I think this has gone on since tourneys existed and always will whatever
sensible players like you and me think, I cant see any way of stopping it?