Online Weekend Play

Marklar

Marklar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I seem to have the worse luck on the weekends playing online.

During the week last week I did pretty good. I started with $50 at party poker. Through several sit'n gos and some cash games, I worked my way up to a little over $300. But this weekend. I havent had a winning session except for maybe once, in which I placed third. I called a guys all-in with pocket tens because he was going all in nearly every other hand. He had 45 off suited but caught a flush. After that I was likely to place out of the money in fourth place but in a couple of hands later another guy went all in with A2 offsuit and got beat by pocket queens. So since I was in third and had a decent hand (10-j suited) i went all in but lost. Didnt care, the big blinds were about a third of my chipstack anyway. I was just happy to place after that bad beat.

Maybe the weekend is a bad time to play because the "idiots" are home?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read some bankroll management threads and articles on the site, marklar. If you went from 50-300 within a week, you're most probably playing stakes way too high for your BR, and when you get the regular downswings, it can really hurt.

Marklar

Marklar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the money i won was from the 11 and 22 dollar buy in sngs. Other was from the cheapest cash games. All I lost really was $60, I think it was about 6 sngs or so. It was the way I was losing that was ticking me off. ;) But now I've caught back up plus some

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Marklar said:
the weekend is an awesome time to play because the "idiots" are home

FYP.

Yeah you're subject to more variance, but you will on average win more at tables filled with worse players for obvious reasons.