Online rooms closing: How do you bail out?

How to best leave a 'folding site':

• Attempt withdrawal on coin-flip odds of payout..

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Go on a bankroll-bender!

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
FromHereOn

FromHereOn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Howdy folks!

I'm finding myself possibly in a 4th scenario online since I've played where my bankroll sits under $100 after 1 min deposit, and I see either a huge drawdown in players, or perhaps an entire site closing down.

Generally, a recurring theme is "poor withdrawal times" or "no payment" when a room winds down. After Black Friday, I'd shifted my mentality to consider all of my deposits as "spent". All-in-all, I'm not unhappy with a few hundred dollars being the price of business for years of real money play.

Question:

If your cardroom was to shut down tomorrow, and your "withdrawal equity" was 50/50 of getting paid, or not paid, would you just tilt-off all your funds in a higher stakes game? I'm considering that just for the entertainment value.

Would you rather hit the withdrawal button on a coin flip? I'm curious to hear what you all think!

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hit the bankroll bender... Could make an insane run than go for the 50/50 cash out

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is something i've been currently facing myself with carbon. Huge overlays in big tourneys and slow payout times.. I decided to pull most of my funds off and kept enough to buy into the $215 big ticket.

I ended up min cashing the big ticket so I will still have a little money to play around with on carbon but here's to hoping My check comes in. I have withdrawn from carbon before but definitely seems like things are going down hill for sure now!

It is definitely player dependent but in my case with not knowing if I will even get my money I decided to just withdraw and keep enough for a big game. Hope this helps a little and I will update on the withdrawl!

A

aolguin3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What website are you guys talking about just in case for me not to make the mistake to deposit. Oh and maybe if the bankroll you have is not over 2 or 3 hundred I think you should spend it and entertain yourself, in the other hand if your bankroll is over those amounts throw a coin flip and withdrawal.

FromHereOn

FromHereOn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What website are you guys talking about just in case for me not to make the mistake to deposit. Oh and maybe if the bankroll you have is not over 2 or 3 hundred I think you should spend it and entertain yourself, in the other hand if your bankroll is over those amounts throw a coin flip and withdrawal.

At this time, Carbon Poker is showing troubling signs. Nothing official

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did the same on Lock Poker. Like everyone else I gave up on getting any cash outs & started playing higher stake games.Of course ended up losing my bank roll because of poor bankroll management but it wasn't like I was going to get a cash out anyway.I do not like to build a bank roll over 500 on any online poker site.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pkr might be troubled room soon by my opinion

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been playing cash underrolled on Carbon. Just thinking of it as an extension of other online rolls, and much-needed experience.