Ongame adapts same rakeback strategy as Bodog Network

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just found out that Ongame Network is adapting the same rakeback strategy as Patrik Selin and Jonas Odman have adopted for bodog Network. The CalvinAyre.com team honestly thinks that this solution to the rakeback problem will be good for the entire industry, so we're delighted to see this!

Read more.

Thoughts?

Becky

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I asked some serious questions in your last post on this topic but never got any answers. I'll post them again below, thoughts?

- Is the problem really "winning players", or that winning players are more likely to have rakeback?

- If so, do the figures actually support that? In theory anyone (winner, loser or otherwise) can get rakeback.

- Isn't there a point beyond which a rakeback player who plays loads of hands generates more gross rake for the site than a rakebackless player who plays less?

- Isn't it true that there's a whole class of players (the "rakeback pros") who would lose money if it weren't for rakeback, and therefore probably just stop playing if they couldn't get it?

And some new ones based on this latest material:

- I suppose a losing player who stays on a site indefinitely spewing cash into the poker economy is the best kind of player for all parties: the site keeps making rake and the winning players have a loser to play against. But how many of these players actually exist? Surely there has to be an attrition rate where these losing players give up and decide to do something more fun with their time? Not everyone can be a whale and even whales wise up / run out of money eventually.

- Traditional business theory teaches us that it's a lot cheaper to keep an existing customer than it is to recruit a new one. Wouldn't a system like the one proposed do the reverse: drive away existing winning players with disincentives, meaning the operator has to spend more to constantly bring in new customers who may or may not be fish?

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont' forget, poker networks need net depositing players to generate revenue. Winning/withdrawing players are taking money out of the system and is worth nothing or close to nothing for a poker network.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
*shrugs*

I suppose people much smarter than us have done their math and decided this is going to work for them and if you want to get winning players off your network, penalising them like this is probably a good way to achieve it.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wasnt aware there was a rakeback problem but this is certainly not going to improve it. Just readint that article he says that winning players are in the black so dont deserve or need as much rakeback! Wow they really think this will benefit them in an age where its harder for some people to deposit and for others to even play freely like they want too. If I was a grinder on these networks then I think it would be time to move on.

Your volume grinders pay alot of rake and you should be happy to have them.

Top 10 Games Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada