Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"What a strange game, the only winning move is not to play." WOPR

Or something like that.

Played in the first Omaha tourney I ever tried and came in 3rd :) I am sure it was a lot of beginners luck. I was shocked that with just a couple extra hole cards the winning hands were so high. Mostly flushes and straights and the regular boat, lotsa fun but harder to read the other guy I think.

PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats,omaha is much harder then Holdem,a game of gamble ,if you dont gamble you dont have any chance to win

shomy21

shomy21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol, congrats on won, you should try omaha H/L if you cash with begginers luck on omaha :D

W

wagnert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omaha is a lot of fun. I enjoy it more than hold'em but I find it more difficult to make a profit.

L

lscwin1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You gotta remember that trips on the flop is not as exciting as it appears to be...

nastena2992

nastena2992

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like this kind of poker Omaha

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cool someone like holdem one omaha, maybe you will be well-known omaha player))

M

mrgiggitygoo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Learning Omaha....

"What a strange game, the only winning move is not to play." WOPR

Or something like that.

Played in the first Omaha tourney I ever tried and came in 3rd :) I am sure it was a lot of beginners luck. I was shocked that with just a couple extra hole cards the winning hands were so high. Mostly flushes and straights and the regular boat, lotsa fun but harder to read the other guy I think.
im just learning it by playing frerolls on pokerstars....can't get my head round it...yet....but am sure I'll get there...lol

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You gotta remember that trips on the flop is not as exciting as it appears to be...

well it depends on the flop actually with a 6 10 A board if you have ases that would be the nuts at the moment so you can value bet you ases and probably win the hand with a set or a full house if a 6 or 10 comes on the turn. however unlike holdem sets in general arent the winner hand, so a good starting omaha hands would be 8910j two suited or 10jqk two suited because staights, flush and full house are usually the winning hands in these game, so its very important when you have the nuts to value bet, almost never slowplay unless you have a monster hand like max full house, poker or straight flush, and be cautious when you get a straight or flush on a paired board because you have lots of chances of losing to a full house or even a poker.

Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
..... and be cautious when you get a straight or flush on a paired board because you have lots of chances of losing to a full house or even a poker.

Hey Rock, what is a "poker", I never heard it put that way.

Thanks for the tips!

PJ

xaxawa

xaxawa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omaha HL is one of the most dispersive games and therefore very interesting for its unpredictability. There is an opinion that no one really knows how to play this game.

R

Retina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Omaha, pocket aces and kings have tremendous value as in Hold'em. You easily "relocate" to Broadway cards such as 67 or 34 flush. Just you replay with "thrips". One of the opponents are to get exactly this alignment. I agree with PCK. Omaha is mostly a lottery or roulette. Hit-missed.

I advise you to first learn how to play limit hold'em. Then, starting from this knowledge to play no-limit hold'em. And then you can and Omaha "ride." But if you do all that well in Hold'em, you can not climb in Omaha. Play at the heart of a lot more lies! And good luck !!!

A

ashot228

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha is very dinamic game thats more comfortoble for my hot temperament)

nastena2992

nastena2992

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha - this is the Hold'em, only 4 maps, why for me this kind of poker is much easier to other species

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try pineapple open face chinese poker, its a mix of war and poker. so good. highly recommended.

R

Retina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you are right! Omaha hold'em really is much more difficult. You can collect a bunch of firewood and a gutshot. Basically playing with Broadway cards and suited with an ace. Play is much easier than in Hold'em.

cantavir

cantavir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
congratulations so it is not worth the Omaha anything to go I think a minimum of lines or to the right is my favorite game of Omaha, this is because I like better than Hold'em because there is no all-in before the flop is often only the river there and here it waits nemugy as the Holden

I

ilostmysoul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love Omaha!! It has much more action and it's less boring than Hold'em, and therefore makes me think a bit more. But it's a bit trickier, you can't trust a flush or a straight, and you certainly need to doubt every 2 pair or set in a wet board.

For that reason I usually enjoy Omaha in low-entry tournaments or freerolls, I wouldn't even think of trying it with real money, even though I tend to do pretty well in said tournaments (same for Stud). First time I played Omaha I thought it was exactly like Hold'em, only that you could chose 2 of the 4 cards.
So I got a straight, went all-in, and lost to 2 pair. I took a screenshot of the hand and sent an e-mail to PokerStars support saying that there was a bug in the software and they should look into it and maybe close Omaha tables out of respect for players.

I was then told I was supposed to make my hand by choosing only 3 cards from the board.

D

DriftwoodKid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Low Omaha is my favorite game. I play at Americas Card Room.
It a tricky game for new players. Play 2 cards in your hand and 3 on
the board. Your hand speaks for itself. I see a lot players try to Play
3 cards from there hand, and think they have a better hand than do.

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha is a great game but it's not so popular as Holdem. I love Omaha but it takes time to adapt to Omaha after playing Holdem. Mostly it's a game of nuts.

caballojoe

caballojoe

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha is infinitely more interesting. You play more hands. Bet the top two pair if it looks like they are likely to hold up. Don't bet a straight or flush if there is a pair on the board and heavy betting. There's bound to be a boat. Bet nut straights and high flushes (from Jack hi up) only, and bet them heavily lest the board pairs.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on your win buddy and i agree with you, it was a helluva luck :) Omaha has a huge variance and to be honest when i decide to play in one of those tourneys i say goodbye to my buyin :D I'm a classic holdem player and it was very hard for me to get used to Omaha, especially to HiLo Omaha, simply, every hand was a bad beat to me :p Just go slow with it, that is a friendly advice :) (y) and gl

rodrigoudf

rodrigoudf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha is interesting, I personally like the like Omaha Hi/Lo!

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Omaha Hi and H/L. I remember his first game in Omaha I lost :)

B

bremensha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMAHA is a good training to beccome a strong player in NL Holdem too.
You learn the value of postion and prospering card combinations.