Not sure whether to play or not

P

peskey123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm leaving for Australia in 3 weeks for 5 months so i wont be able to pay any online poker really whilst there.... the odd live game but nothing too serious. Anyway between now and when i leave im not sure whether to play much as i have little money and all the money i do have should be going towards my oz fund. My main question really is "is it possible to build a bankroll in 3 weeks from about $10?"
Recently i've been playing micro stakes cash games but i cant make decent enough profits so it seems pointless, especially as the min. withdrawal from PS onto visa is $100. Also stt and mtt are too much down to luck unless you multi table them and play lots and lots a day. ie the odd mtt or stt is too variable.

Peteyweestro

Peteyweestro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You probably already know this but here it goes anyways, if you have what i call scared money, then you should not be playing even micro games...period. What i mean by "scared money " is money you can't afford or shouldn't loose like the money you said was really for your oz trip so i would say no as the answer to your question

P

peskey123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shame i love poker though really

wrung24

wrung24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really worth trying to play for the money, in poker the more you want something, the harder it is to achieve, so just play for the fun, don't look at your online balance until you absolutely have to, play your A-game and you should be fine (or not depending on how good you actually are). You can use some of the FPPs won to satellite into a big tournament just for the fun of it, at the core poker should only be about the fun !

thunder1276

thunder1276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
might as well play before you leave so you can have more than 10 bucks when you come back. Might I also suggest playing the micro limit games. I found these much easier to beat when I was playing cash games.